IGNORED

Any other "Tales of" fans here? UPDATE: Oh this one part with Sophie is so funny (what she calls the peaches)!

Estil

25 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Estil doesn't drink.  He's straight edge, unlike us degenerates.

That's not true!  I drink a lot!!  More specifically coffee and tea and sometimes Diet Pepsi as well.

Edited by Estil

I had always been curious about Tales of Symphonia when I was younger, but my mom got rid of our Game Cube before it came out because my brothers and I argued over Smash Bros. too much. I'm planning to play a few of the games since I've been playing Namco's Wii games lately. I'm planning to start with Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and then eventually go back and play the one on Game Cube. I know that's doing it out of order, but I genuinely like jumping on to a series I've never touched out of order. I used to do it unintentionally, but these days I always do it on purpose since there are some fun unique benefits to doing so.

Eventually I'd also like to get Tales of Graces on PS3, since it was originally a Japanese exclusive Wii game. Those are likely the only three I'll end up playing though.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:52 PM, Estil said:

Pokemon's not really a JRPG, as such (you're not really leveling up a team of characters you're catching and leveling up Pokemon)...and who are those other series?

I always love when people say Pokemon isn't really a JRPG, considering it's the most successful JRPG series for not doing the same thing as every other JRPG.

I know you're not saying this so don't take it the wrong way, but I think a lot of JRPG fans resent Pokemon for being a JRPG so successful that it broke genre barriers and became the most mainstream thing around. The fact that it doesn't follow the conventions of most other JRPGs makes those other series look bad in comparison, as it shows that the RPG formula that fans love so much isn't a very popular thing. Most other JRPG series are still pretty niche all things considered, so Pokemon tends to get a lot of people feeling a bit put out and frustrated.

Edited by PekoponTAS

Editorials Team · Posted

Estil 's backlog:

• 2020s: finish the Tales franchise
  • 2030s: finish the Trails franchise
  • 2040s: play all of those Pokemans and Personas and MegaTens he's never heard of
  • 2050s: Circle back and catch up on all of the new games that were released for all of those franchises

Also, I hear there's these things called Disgaea, Xenogears/Saga/Blade, Ys, Ni No Kuni, Grandia, Breath of Fire, and so forth.  And let's just say the Fire Emblem and Soulsbornes and Monster Hunters for the hell of it.  Those can wait for the 2060s.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Estil 's backlog:

• 2020s: finish the Tales franchise
  • 2030s: finish the Trails franchise
  • 2040s: play all of those Pokemans [c'mon I was in HS when that Pokemon craze started; you couldn't miss it] and Personas and MegaTens he's never heard of
  • 2050s: Circle back and catch up on all of the new games that were released for all of those franchises

There is other stuff I like to do besides games ya know!  And those sorts of games are at least 40-50 hours each just to do the main story and we're already up to nine gens!  As John Stossel would say, give me a break! 😛

Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Estil said:

There is other stuff I like to do besides games ya know!  And those sorts of games are at least 40-50 hours each just to do the main story and we're already up to nine gens!  As John Stossel would say, give me a break! 😛

Those encyclopedias can wait until 2070! They'll be more up-to-date by then anyway

18 hours ago, PekoponTAS said:

I had always been curious about Tales of Symphonia when I was younger, but my mom got rid of our Game Cube before it came out because my brothers and I argued over Smash Bros. too much.

https://peanuts.fandom.com/wiki/July_1966_comic_strips?file=19660711.gif

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
18 hours ago, PekoponTAS said:

but my mom got rid of our Game Cube before it came out because my brothers and I argued over Smash Bros. too much

Your mom has a strong will.  I could threaten my boys over their Smash Bros. fighting, but I'm too weak to get rid of a Switch.  I want to play it 😂

• Love 1

On 1/18/2023 at 4:50 PM, Estil said:

That's not true!  I drink a lot!!  More specifically coffee and tea and sometimes Diet Pepsi as well.

Don’t let them get to you Estil.  I’m right there with you buddy.  I mean sure it’s because after years of binge drinking it makes me shit blood but I’m right there with you.  Nothing better than a nice cup of coffee or tea while you’re sparking up right?

monty python wink GIF

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

Don’t let them get to you Estil.  I’m right there with you buddy.  I mean sure it’s because after years of binge drinking it makes me shit blood but I’m right there with you.  Nothing better than a nice cup of coffee or tea while you’re sparking up right?

Umm, I don't smoke either...I mean I wouldn't want my stuff to turn all icky yellow over time after all 😛  You know, my grandma and aunt give me a bit of ribbing for it as they (especially grandma) smoke like chimneys (yet grandma has made it to 90 so far!  Go figure!) and think I'm being silly when I don't want to be near them when they smoke.  Yeah, I guess I'm just a big fan of breathing 😛 

1 hour ago, Estil said:

Umm, I don't smoke either...I mean I wouldn't want my stuff to turn all icky yellow over time after all 😛  You know, my grandma and aunt give me a bit of ribbing for it as they (especially grandma) smoke like chimneys (yet grandma has made it to 90 so far!  Go figure!) and think I'm being silly when I don't want to be near them when they smoke.  Yeah, I guess I'm just a big fan of breathing 😛 

Err uh…yeah totally.  That is totally what I’m smoking 😉 

All joking aside, cigarettes are a young man’s game.  Too expensive, you can’t breathe for shit, and who needs constant nicotine cravings.  My MIL is the last one in the family still smoking and no one can get her to quit.  Has to be on oxygen most of the time and that still doesn’t stop her.  Sad.  

2 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Err uh…yeah totally.  That is totally what I’m smoking 😉 

All joking aside, cigarettes are a young man’s game.  Too expensive, you can’t breathe for shit, and who needs constant nicotine cravings.  My MIL is the last one in the family still smoking and no one can get her to quit.  Has to be on oxygen most of the time and that still doesn’t stop her.  Sad.  

Yet my grandma is 90, my aunt is 53, and in a couple months I'll be *gulp* 43.  And yes as Morgan Freeman would say from Lean on Me, all that stuff you mentioned means you can hardly breathe!!

So I'm now working on Tales of Graces F and it sure does have some cute/funny victory scenes! 😄  And I know that superfan girl of Sophie isn't exactly for everyone but I think her mannerisms are kinda amusing!  What's her name, I forget...C++, Cobol, Fortran, Basic...? 😄 

• The title was changed to Any other "Tales of" fans here? UPDATE: Oh this one part with Sophie is so funny (what she calls the peaches)!

Oh this is so funny...I often thought that the peaches in this game look like little butts (hee hee) and right before I was thinking that, one of those Select button prompts/chats comes up where Sophie in fact says herself that the peaches look like butts!!! 😄