IGNORED

Awful RNG Related Experiences

AverageOliver98

On 4/10/2022 at 3:13 PM, CasualCart said:

image.jpeg.8908b441786463c4a0e3666fb0efb34b.jpeg

Excellent drawing 🙂  And that's actually my number one beef with most RPG's: if the enemy is weak and/or you're really strong, it's easy to run - but who cares since you don't really need to?  And, on the other hand, if the enemy is super strong and/or you are really weak, it won't let you easily run, even though that is the one precise circumstance where you desperately want to run away.  It basically makes running pointless in just about every RPG I've ever played (except for the original Final Fantasy, and that's only because running is broken in that game, and the unintended result is that you can actually use running as a strategy throughout the game).  Go figure....

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, Tanooki said:

Maybe, or it's just really REALLY bad luck.  I mean I remember seeing it in NP or something that said 1/32 for the creature to appear, then if it did, it was a 1/32 chance that creature would drop it.

1/32 is around a 3% chance, so you're at a 3% within a 3% chance.  That's very very SLIM odds indeed that 10 hours doesn't seem unreasonable to get nothing out of it.

I asked google calculator what 3% of 3% is, and it said 0.0009%  -- yeah good luck getting that tail.  That's 9 ten-thousandths of 1%.  That's got to be mocking powerball odds or something of the sort.

Technically that would be 0.09%, but that's still incredibly low odds. I should've done the math at the time and saved myself some time.

Yay google, figures...still 9 100ths of a percent is terrible.  That's insane.  When I did do it twice, I think I gave it an hour as I knew it was slim, but I used the area as a leveling space before digging deeper in the moon.

When I used to be fantastic at the game I got to playing it like for 7-10 years straight once a year doing basically it all (not including that alone in 'all' mind you) and got the clock downward of 18 hours and change at the last save spot, then charge in and drop the last boss.  Because I would play it well under the known time to beat range, I'd stake by areas where it was harder than it should have.