IGNORED

What kind of car(s) do you drive?

AstralSoul

7 hours ago, ginoscope said:

Current car is a 2017 Cadillac XT5 but plan to add another sports car as a secondary car in next few years.  I am thinking a another Corvette or Porsche.  Always been into sport cars the suv is out of need as I am a single dad so when kids are around I need the space. 

Past cars

1985 RX-7

1986 RX-7

2003 Honda Civic

2005 Corvette Convertible

2009 RX-8

Jealous of those RX7s and RX8. Some of my favorite sports cars in existence.

• Love 2

I think there was already a thread on this because I remember Jeevan & Reed saying they drive their cars into the ground like me 😆 I have a 2006 Mazda 3 with almost 222 222kms. Only about 1000kms to go, so I will probably get it this month at some point 🙂 

Still runs well and before all the petrol price madness it didn't cost much to run at all (still doesn't compared to V6 and V8 cars).

How long before my car becomes a classic car? 🤣

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I think there was already a thread on this because I remember Jeevan & Reed saying they drive their cars into the ground like me 😆 I have a 2006 Mazda 3 with almost 222 222kms. Only about 1000kms to go, so I will probably get it this month at some point 🙂 

Still runs well and before all the petrol price madness it didn't cost much to run at all (still doesn't compared to V6 and V8 cars).

There is, and we do 😆

solidarity GIF by Center for Story-based Strategy

@Reed Rothchild @Brickman

The more we don't spend on cars, the more we can spend on games no?

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Brickman said:

It was my thread, but I'll never not talk about cars 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PuppyWaffles said:

FB_IMG_1532032344478.jpg

Is that an actual outhouse?!?

Anyway, I drive a 1995 Buick LeSabre that I've had for nearly twenty years and it pretty much never has any issues.  It currently has about 257 thousand km on it.  I've been telling people for the last ten years that I'm driving it into the ground, and it looks like it's going to take a while...

39 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Is that an actual outhouse?!?

Anyway, I drive a 1995 Buick LeSabre that I've had for nearly twenty years and it pretty much never has any issues.  It currently has about 257 thousand km on it.  I've been telling people for the last ten years that I'm driving it into the ground, and it looks like it's going to take a while...

No it's a tool shed, just looks shitty 🤣. I'll see myself out 

Another vehicle that I had for several years was one of these - it was a 1961 Ford Econoline.  This was the first year they were made and the various states weren't sure how to treat them.  Coloado registered them as trucks if they had solid sides and as station wagons if they had windows like mine did.  Another quirk was that they put them on a Falcon chasis and when I ordered parts they were found listed under Falcon ones.  It had a straight 6 with overhead valves housed in the doghouse - it was a quirky engine that was a bit underpowered.   I especially appreciated it when I drove between South Dakota and Colorado - I always left Colorado late at night and drove straight through - the view at night through that windshield whilst driving through Nebraska was amazing - especially in late August when the meteor showers occurred.  Lot of fond memories with that vehicle.

61-stationbus.jpg.9b1a8372306d8a1cf449acee04a3b8d2.jpg

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Forgot to mention my wife has a 2017 kia soul!  We will drive these 2 cars to the brink of their death 😆.  

I had a '13 Soul and I loved that car, my plan was to drive it into the ground but the engine just completely died around 120K mi and I was forced to get something else.

• Wow! 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, AstralSoul said:

I had a '13 Soul and I loved that car, my plan was to drive it into the ground but the engine just completely died around 120K mi and I was forced to get something else.

wife drives 2 miles to work, hopefully it will last awhile.

• Like 1