IGNORED

My most valuable penny

Hybrid

I found an uncirculated 1995 DDO Lincoln cent back in 95 in my change and a couple of other doubled die cents and Jefferson nickles back when I was collecting and searching all my change and even getting rolls from the bank (can you even do that anymore?) Now my eyes are so bad I can barely see the dates on most coins.

I got a couple of cuds and minor die cracks too, but nothing as cool as yours.

I used to get rolls of half dollars from banks and would get a surprising number of silver halves, especially the 40% 1965-69 ones. This was back in the 80s and 90s, though.

18 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

I found an uncirculated 1995 DDO Lincoln cent back in 95 in my change and a couple of other doubled die cents and Jefferson nickles back when I was collecting and searching all my change and even getting rolls from the bank (can you even do that anymore?) Now my eyes are so bad I can barely see the dates on most coins.

I got a couple of cuds and minor die cracks too, but nothing as cool as yours.

I used to get rolls of half dollars from banks and would get a surprising number of silver halves, especially the 40% 1965-69 ones. This was back in the 80s and 90s, though.

Some people still do that.  In fact, one bored, rainy Saturday I went to the bank and got a box of pennies and my kids and I sat and wen through all of them, trying to take one from each year and mint.  Yes, this sounds boring but we do and like stuff like that.  I think we found only about 10 wheat pennies.  I was surprised at how few.  Anyway, there is a video of some guy on YouTube and I think it was no more than 5 months old.  He opens boxes of coins and looks through them and he had a crazy run of half-dollars and got something like 40-50 silvers in one box.  I think, usually, he gets about 10?  Not a bad profit if you like coins and are simply bored.  You do usually have to call ahead to the bank and get to be sure they have the boxes, but they can order them if they don't.  I really wanted to do that with silver dollars, but that's a lot of money to tie up in coins, even if it is for just 72 hours.

• Like 1