IGNORED

Hello everyone!

Thanks to everyone involved in making VGS a reality. The end of NA as we know it is a bit disappointing but that was going to happen someday and here we are, glad to be here now and hopefully things pick up where we left. Lately I was not participating much at NA as for the most part I've slowed down significantly about collecting but I'm still gaming regularly (mostly Zelda games since my 5yo daughter loves them!), other than that I've picked up fixing/modding stuff since it's a hugely valuable skill when you dip into arcade stuff. Anyways nice to meet you all again 🙂 

6 minutes ago, epiclotus said:

Welcome to the forum!  That's great that your kiddo loves Zelda games.  Which ones do they play?

Thanks! We've played a few so far, I play mostly since she's still developing her gaming skills but her favorite is Ocarina of Time which we've finished twice already, and right now she's pretty hooked with Skyward Sword, we're close to finishing it, other than that we've played Zelda 1, a Link to the Past, Spirit Tracks, a little bit of Majora's Mask, a little bit of Wind Waker and a liitle bit of Twilight Princess, it has been awesome since I actually hadn't played most of these.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abelardo said:

Thanks! We've played a few so far, I play mostly since she's still developing her gaming skills but her favorite is Ocarina of Time which we've finished twice already, and right now she's pretty hooked with Skyward Sword, we're close to finishing it, other than that we've played Zelda 1, a Link to the Past, Spirit Tracks, a little bit of Majora's Mask, a little bit of Wind Waker and a liitle bit of Twilight Princess, it has been awesome since I actually hadn't played most of these.

That is super awesome.  My kiddo watched me play through quite a lot of Zelda 1 and Breath of the Wild.  Got their own copy of OoT now for the 2DS, and Zelda 1 from the eshop.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Did you start her on the NES stuff or something newer?

We did go mostly in order, started with Zelda 1 when she was 4 when she decided to pick up a golden cart from my NES rack, what she picked up was not a Zelda game, it was some Codemasters game but I told her that game was not very good, but instead I knew of a golden game that was actually very good, I showed her my Zelda cart and she immediately approved as she noticed the label had 2 hearts, then she thought the game was mostly about picking up hearts so it was perfect lol

Good thing we went mostly in order after that fateful day, I managed to convince her to skip Zelda 2 so we played A Link to the Past, then with Ocarina of Time she was blown away by the 3D world, she considers it her favorite and I have to admit that it has become one of my favorites too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, epiclotus said:

That is super awesome.  My kiddo watched me play through quite a lot of Zelda 1 and Breath of the Wild.  Got their own copy of OoT now for the 2DS, and Zelda 1 from the eshop.  

We did the 2nd OoT playthough in a 2DS, she was able to play there much better, we have the 2nd quest still pending but we're finishing off Skyward Sword, my plan next is to surprise her with Breath of the Wild, I haven't played it but I'm looking forward to do it soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Abelardo said:

We did go mostly in order, started with Zelda 1 when she was 4 when she decided to pick up a golden cart from my NES rack, what she picked up was not a Zelda game, it was some Codemasters game but I told her that game was not very good, but instead I knew of a golden game that was actually very good, I showed her my Zelda cart and she immediately approved as she noticed the label had 2 hearts, then she thought the game was mostly about picking up hearts so it was perfect lol

Good thing we went mostly in order after that fateful day, I managed to convince her to skip Zelda 2 so we played A Link to the Past, then with Ocarina of Time she was blown away by the 3D world, she considers it her favorite and I have to admit that it has become one of my favorites too.

A kiddo after my own heart. I also consider the OoT game my favorite of the Zelda games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KokiriChild said:

Welcome to VGS!

59 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

Woah all the cool kids are here!!

45 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Hell yeah we are!  

Thank you everyone! Glad to be part of the cool kids for once 😅

By the way this multi quote thing is so easy to do, I like this new place very much!