IGNORED

CertifiedLink Thread

I forgot the date the auction was ending and missed the beginning. After that, as Gulag Joe mentioned above, the rest didn't appeal to me but I was curious to see what they end for. Skimming through the list, I spotted (2) Mario Tennis Aces and took this prt sc. What a $ difference between the vga 95+ and 100.

Mario Tennis Aces (2018) VGA 100 vs 95+.jpg

• Haha 1

WOW! I can't imagine sending games off to VGA to take more than a year to get graded and then to try and flip them in an auction only for them to sell for $1!

LOLOLOLOLOL

VGA needs to enter themselves into these auctions and bid them up because this auction is looking like a real big bust and every title is slabbed by VGA.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Man, I think it's a huge mistake to have so much stuff ending all at the same time. I can't even be bothered to look through it all to see if I'm interested.

They always end 30 seconds sequentially so you have the opportunity to get multiple things. 

3 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

I forgot the date the auction was ending and missed the beginning. After that, as Gulag Joe mentioned above, the rest didn't appeal to me but I was curious to see what they end for. Skimming through the list, I spotted (2) Mario Tennis Aces and took this prt sc. What a $ difference between the vga 95+ and 100.

Mario Tennis Aces (2018) VGA 100 vs 95+.jpg

This is 100% pure stupidity lol

oh, and don’t forget the super smash bros ultimate that sold for $7k.

—-

in other news I had a nice lil haul for this auction. 

E460D7A8-682B-4719-A50D-93865C5EFD53.jpeg

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 1

I struck out most of Tuesday night, only one win.  I did win several PS1 last night to make up for it though.  Very odd, I thought most of the NES / SNES / N64 hammer prices were stronger than my expectations, but then PS1 was flatter and I won more than expected.  Maybe people spent too much the night before.

The Switch 100 sales are ludicrious and first to market advantage of course.  I'm sure rarebucky is happy with the results!

Edited by jonebone

5 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

Wow roughly 250 of the games in this auction sold for under $200. Most of them were PS2 and newer but still. Some of these sellers lost a lot of money on this one.

so weird. so many games went over market value, but then so many others were dead weight. lol

17 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

WOW! I can't imagine sending games off to VGA to take more than a year to get graded and then to try and flip them in an auction only for them to sell for $1!

LOLOLOLOLOL

VGA needs to enter themselves into these auctions and bid them up because this auction is looking like a real big bust and every title is slabbed by VGA.

If anything, that suggests to me VGA isn’t part of the market manipulation ring. And that the people heavily involved in the big bids are supporting WATA more likely.

Did something actually sold for $1, what was it? 😆

1 hour ago, GPX said:

If anything, that suggests to me VGA isn’t part of the market manipulation ring. And that the people heavily involved in the big bids are supporting WATA more likely.

Did something actually sold for $1, what was it? 😆

No the lowest sold for $61. Quite a few sold for that and around that range. Many sat at $1 until the end and I think some sympathy buyers scooped them all up. Brutal.

10 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

Wow roughly 250 of the games in this auction sold for under $200. Most of them were PS2 and newer but still. Some of these sellers lost a lot of money on this one.

I honestly believe it was just too big of an auction considering what was available. If it was all NES and SNES, then fine. But ten different consoles, some of them relatively modern? Bad idea.

6 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I honestly believe it was just too big of an auction considering what was available. If it was all NES and SNES, then fine. But ten different consoles, some of them relatively modern? Bad idea.

hard disagree. there's something here for everyone and i think that's the point. i had no interest or snes, nes, and many others, however i stayed for game boy, gamecube and xbox. i know quite a few folks in this same boat.

22 hours ago, inasuma said:

hard disagree. there's something here for everyone and i think that's the point. i had no interest or snes, nes, and many others, however i stayed for game boy, gamecube and xbox. i know quite a few folks in this same boat.

I guess I'm speaking from the sellers' perspective. From a buyer's perspective, it was a gold mine.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 2/10/2022 at 7:38 AM, Gulag Joe said:

Yeah im kinda glad and not feeling sorry for them, maybe now they will stop flooding the graders with games that dont deserve to be slabbed (IMO) and only done to make a quick profit.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, LifeGame said:

Yeah im kinda glad and not feeling sorry for them, maybe now they will stop flooding the graders with games that dont deserve to be slabbed (IMO) and only done to make a quick profit.

They should follow my example, and just get the rare Japanese imports slabbed. That way they have a legitimate reason to be pissed at those who think those games are less rare simply because they are not NA releases. 😉