IGNORED

Finders keepers

Listed as non working, I snagged this up for 300$. That’s what I offer for cabs no power. However, there is a 3 way toggle switch that, unless pulled to the out position, will only allow the cab to fire up when the back door is closed. It was opened when he tried.

i replaced the ballast and fuses to fix the marquee light, and adjusted the monitor to get the picture to fill the monitor properly and restored balance and color.  this thing cleaned up nice.

8BC1D319-F0B1-4D37-BF8D-8885E7C4D4D4.jpeg

2BF44A03-66F3-4CAE-B9DB-E4E540A5167B.jpeg

C2423CC1-CE8C-451F-BD79-DDEFE1F3330E.jpeg

47951FCF-E60F-40DF-9015-E680FC05E710.jpeg

Edited by 8-bit guerilla
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 4

6 hours ago, Sumez said:

Holy shit! That's a crazy steal! I had no idea people that lucky actually existed.

People list these for 1200 + all the time. But that’s for like new kits. But you can get these older ones (working )for 600 a lot of the time, if you’re fast. Older cabs are a lot of work to maintain. A lot of folks don’t have the time, money, desire ... or the ability for that matter, to work on em, store them, or move them. And if you’re good you buy empty cabs and rebuild them.

He wanted 600 to start. Haggling my friend.

I’m going to VA tomorrow to see about a Nintendo cab and MK cab. And an empty 50$ Stratovox cab. First arcade game with voice sound. And one of the first in color.

Edited by 8-bit guerilla

7 hours ago, 8-bit guerilla said:

Listed as non working, I snagged this up for 300$. That’s what I offer for cabs no power. However, there is a 3 way toggle switch that, unless pulled to the out position, will only allow the cab to fire up when the back door is closed. It was opened when he tried.

i replaced the ballast and fuses to fix the marquee light, and adjusted the monitor to get the picture to fill the monitor properly and restored balance and color.  this thing cleaned up nice.

8BC1D319-F0B1-4D37-BF8D-8885E7C4D4D4.jpeg

2BF44A03-66F3-4CAE-B9DB-E4E540A5167B.jpeg

C2423CC1-CE8C-451F-BD79-DDEFE1F3330E.jpeg

47951FCF-E60F-40DF-9015-E680FC05E710.jpeg

I am do not collect arcade cabinets, but there was a Dairy Queen by me that I had contacted about their cabinet, I believe this same exact one. I talked to the owner and told them I would be interested in purchasing it since it appeared they were going to upgrade the store. Of course a couple of weeks after the cabinet was gone. I asked the owner's son that was working and they said they sold it. 😕

• Wow! 1

30 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

I am do not collect arcade cabinets, but there was a Dairy Queen by me that I had contacted about their cabinet, I believe this same exact one. I talked to the owner and told them I would be interested in purchasing it since it appeared they were going to upgrade the store. Of course a couple of weeks after the cabinet was gone. I asked the owner's son that was working and they said they sold it. 😕

That’s usually the story for me too. Some behind the back bullshit... almost happened with this one! 

Listed at 500$ 

I offered 350-75$

Said he sold it for 600$, but then the guy apparently never showed up. then he called me to tell me it was available again. 

listing, then, priced at 600 online.

Told him I was looking at another for 300 and he said he would take 300.

But that’s the first, out of probably 10 similar stories where I did not get what I was after. 

Nice pickup, those ms. pacmans are really rough in regards to monitor burn, I suppose it's just part of the charm. I would still rather have a monitor burnt real bad than an LCD in those things though. Sucks about the water damage though, thats a tough fix. However, it looks like it cleaned up nice.

Edited by SNESNESCUBE64

I _almost_ got a Ms. Pacman, original cocktail locally from an estate sale.  My wife was even on board at the time, but the only reason I didn't is that we don't have room.  I'm legit agitated with myself, but we have a move coming up when I will have room.  I really want to get an arcade unit in there at some point. Kiosks are cool, but there's something about having that CRT glow as an old skool NAMCO classic is running in demo mode!

Anyway, I only said no because I had a hunch that if I put a HUGE cocktail table in our current, small home, even with my wife's temporary blessing, for her it would become an eye source.  I hope someone ended up with it who's loving it and, maybe, one day I can find an arcade cab locally in the $300-500 range, or maybe I'll build one with my kids over weekends.  We like repairing junk hardware and building an arcade cab could be 1000x better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 3:07 AM, Tyree_Cooper said:

Is that doggo still sleeping near the cabinet? 😄

That’s boom box, and she loves helping me work on arcades! She is a pitbull husky so catching her relaxing is rare.

0247B5AD-54C6-4EE1-A38C-196DF63DEB11.jpeg

EDIT: Oh, my bad that’s bonzai laying next to the arcade.... and he’s just an idiot.

C2B2E352-15B9-47AF-A9B1-BD03871FAA0E.jpeg

Edited by 8-bit guerilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 years later...