IGNORED

MXS(2) questions...

Very vague topic title I know but I am looking to purchase a MSX2. Interested mainly playing Vampire Killer/Castlevania. I have done this all before to play Rondo of Blood, I purchased a Turbo Duo just to be able to play it on original hardware. 

I am not very familiar with the MXS2 at all so I figured I would ask her to get some info on which model to get. There are so many different models  on eBay for all kinds of pricing. 

Any MSX2 master on here that can steer me in the right direction?

• Like 1

I used to emulate it, loved the Japanese games especially those that did see a franchise hit the states.  I'll second the post above, best bet is a Japanese 60hz machine and the MSX 2+ would be ideal.  If you're curious about the differences on models, the wiki has that covered.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Are you looking to play European Vampire Killer or the Japanese Vampire Killer? European/Middle Eastern MSX's would run at 50hz and Japanese at 60hz, so unless you're intentionally about the slow mo life, a Japanese MSX2 2+, or Turbo-R is the way to go.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/363695933834?epid=9035617381&hash=item54adf7898a:g:IrwAAOSwr85h57HS

Would this be the model you recommend? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 3:53 AM, Tanooki said:

I used to emulate it, loved the Japanese games especially those that did see a franchise hit the states.  I'll second the post above, best bet is a Japanese 60hz machine and the MSX 2+ would be ideal.  If you're curious about the differences on models, the wiki has that covered.

I can help you to get more msx if needed.

Zkskq.jpeg

On 1/19/2022 at 12:02 AM, killerkobra said:

Very vague topic title I know but I am looking to purchase a MSX2. Interested mainly playing Vampire Killer/Castlevania. I have done this all before to play Rondo of Blood, I purchased a Turbo Duo just to be able to play it on original hardware. 

I am not very familiar with the MXS2 at all so I figured I would ask her to get some info on which model to get. There are so many different models  on eBay for all kinds of pricing. 

Any MSX2 master on here that can steer me in the right direction?

Ok.

received_745710685592506.jpeg

6 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I definitely need to get one of these, are they really going for about 1K though?

I don’t know the market for them anymore, I was really interested in MSX like in 2015 but ended up not getting one. Instead I just installed an MSX emulator on my Wii and also have MSX on a handheld device.

Konami beefed up the MSX library. You definitely need to check out Contra/Gryzor on MSX. It had its own unique charm and I enjoy it almost as much as the NES version 

• Like 1