IGNORED

Beat the PS2 Library!

Jeevan

Completely forgot to post that I beat Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction last month.

This was my first time playing it and I thought it would was a lot of fun. Basically it's like GTA, but set in a war-torn country where you have access to military weapons and vehicles. There's 4 factions you can play sides with and get missions from,and the rest of the time you pretty much get free reign to just go crazy blowing up whatever you want. It really lives up to it's name, Playground of Destruction.

I will say that, while the PS2 version plays perfectly fine, I've discovered that the Xbox is definitely the better way to experience the game, as it runs smoother, has shorter load times, has a better overall picture, and supports widescreen.

IMG_20240217_220007.jpg

IMG_20240217_220552.jpg

• Like 2

Guitar Hero Aerosmith is complete.  This was my first time ever playing this game, and therefore, first time beating it.  This is also the first new game I've beaten for this thread.  

I started GH3 tonight and I'm about 1/4 of the way in.  I've also ordered GH Rock the 80s from @Hammerfestus, so when that one arrives, I will play through that one as well.

PQg2m18.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Guitar Hero Aerosmith is complete.  This was my first time ever playing this game, and therefore, first time beating it.  This is also the first new game I've beaten for this thread.  

I started GH3 tonight and I'm about 1/4 of the way in.  I've also ordered GH Rock the 80s from @Hammerfestus, so when that one arrives, I will play through that one as well.

PQg2m18.jpeg

What are your thoughts on it? I’ve been picking up Japanese 360 games for super cheap and they got a couple of the GH games in Japan. I only played 1 and 2 so was interested to maybe check this one out too.

12 minutes ago, Brickman said:

What are your thoughts on it? I’ve been picking up Japanese 360 games for super cheap and they got a couple of the GH games in Japan. I only played 1 and 2 so was interested to maybe check this one out too.

I was a little disappointed in GH Aerosmith.  Obviously, it's just more Guitar Hero, and it's basically the same game assets as GH3.  But when I play these games, the only thing I really care about is the song list.  I felt GH Aerosmith was lacking in the song titles.  There were definitely some great songs, but I felt more than half of the song list was stuff I wasn't interested in.  Of course everyone's music preferences are a little different, so you can always look up the song lists and see if it's music you would be interested in.  

If memory serves, this is the first band focused Guitar Hero game, and I believe it's the only band focused game that isn't compatible with any instruments outside of the guitar.  I'm fairly certain all of the other band focused releases came after GH copied Rock Band in adding the other instruments.  

I enjoyed GH 1 and 2 better than GH Aerosmoth, and so far GH3 seems to be better as well.  

• Thanks 1

I completely forgot to mention this last night.

It's extremely funny to me how these older Guitar Hero games that were released before DLC was a thing, have many hidden bonus songs that can be purchased with IN GAME money that you earn through the career mode.  You get to buy bonus songs without spending any actual money.  

Oh, how times have changed.  

• Agree 1

Guitar Hero III is completed.  This game is another first time playing and first time beating which is always fun on a game that is almost 20 years old.  

Much better setlist on GH3 compared to GH Aerosmith.  

GH Rock the 80s is next, but I have to wait for it to arrive first.

Guitar Hero III Completed 4.26.24.jpg

• Like 2