Jump to content
IGNORED

Beat the PS2 Library!


Recommended Posts

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Matchbook said:

I only have a couple PS2 games but I might give Dirge of Cerberus a shot this year. I have never played it and my buddy really enjoyed it back when it was first released.

It's a really good game, especially if you're looking for more FF7 content. Of the FF7 side stuff, it's among the best IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
56 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It's a really good game, especially if you're looking for more FF7 content. Of the FF7 side stuff, it's among the best IMO.

I am a big FF fan but honestly have played little FF7 (I know WTF am I doing).  I have watched him play quite a bit of it though and seen enough to be pretty familiar with the story and characters.  Those dang summons are epic.  I always remember Knights of the Round summon pretty vividly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
28 minutes ago, Matchbook said:

I am a big FF fan but honestly have played little FF7 (I know WTF am I doing).  I have watched him play quite a bit of it though and seen enough to be pretty familiar with the story and characters.  Those dang summons are epic.  I always remember Knights of the Round summon pretty vividly.

There's a raid in FF14 where you fight the Knights of the Round, it's pretty awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Editorials Team · Posted

I imagine I'll be doing Gungriffon soon.  Assuming my PS2 reads blue discs.

Once upon a time I was on the game's final mission, but I could never clear it, regardless of how much I tried.  Maybe because of the bizarro reversed controls.

Hopefully I'm better or smarter this time around and overcome it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

Finished Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies

I've actually owned this since it was brand new back in 2001, and yet this is my first time playing through it. Always loved the Ace Combat series. I think Namco really nailed the perfect balance in the gameplay. It's definitely not a realistic sim, but it's also not full-on arcade craziness like Afterburner. So yeah, really enjoyed it.

Next up, I've started working on MGS3. I don't remember it being as difficult as it is, with the awkward camera placement and lack of enemy radar, but the last time I played it was the HD remaster on PS3 which may have had modernized camera control (can't really remember). Anyway, it's still awesome and I don't think I've ever actually finished the PS2 original, so I'm gonna try and finally check that off my list. 👍

IMG_20220306_113626.jpg

Edited by cj_robot
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
14 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@cj_robot Are you playing Subsistence?  It changes the camera.  And I would bet that's what they remastered 

I'm playing the original release. Hmm, I guess I never knew about what kind of stuff Subsistence added. I'm wondering now if the camera is the reason I never finished it back then. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

Super Bust-A-Move: finished both CPU Battle and Puzzle Mode on Normal.

Puzzle Bobble is always fun, but I kinda prefer the older ones before they added all the characters, weird gimmicks and crazy stuff flying all over the screen.

IMG_20220306_152044.jpg

IMG_20220306_145726.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Administrator · Posted

I didn't take a photo cuz I didn't think to, but I beat DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou today. Arcade mode, all defaults. 

It's Japan exclusive so maybe we don't care here but figured I'd mention it anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
42 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I didn't take a photo cuz I didn't think to, but I beat DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou today. Arcade mode, all defaults. 

It's Japan exclusive so maybe we don't care here but figured I'd mention it anyway. 

we are not, but good job!  

good game bish GIF

Now hurry and beat kuon before @spacepup does lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Member · Posted
On 3/9/2022 at 5:51 AM, Jeevan said:

up to date @cj_robot lol.  Didn't know you lived so close to me 😉  Just saw that when I checked out your last post lol.

Oh cool haha. I've only been in Indy for a couple years now. So far, seems like not a bad place to live (not a fan of these $@#&?$!! potholes, though)

Sorry for the super late response lol. Life kinda had me distracted from games for a while. Back to work on MGS3 though. Hopefully knock that one out soon. Still surprised at the lack of action on this thread though. (Guess it's all up to me. 1,700+ games? No problem 💪🎮)

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Member · Posted

Finished Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers.

Kind of a mediocre Crash Bandicoot clone.  The game is not very difficult, especially when they give out extra lives like crazy, but it can be frustrating at times just because of the wonky hit detection and not being able to consistently tell where Donald is in relation to enemies or the environment. As usual with Disney games, the visuals and sound design are pretty excellent and they use all the familiar voice actors. Not a bad game, but I think it could have better with a bit more polish on the gameplay.

IMG_20220514_234614.jpg

IMG_20220514_234626.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

Beat Street Fighter EX3. Played through Original Mode on Normal difficulty enough times to unlock all the regular characters.

I've never been that big into fighting games, but I do always enjoy the Street Fighter games. Despite the 3D visuals, this one still plays more like the 2D games, which I like.

IMG_20220517_100221.jpg

IMG_20220517_100304.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

Beat MotoGP. I used to see this one all the time on store shelves when I was shopping for a new game back in the early PS2 days. I almost bought it several times, but never did (not back then, at least). Playing it now, I can say that it definitely would have satisfied my racing game thirst back then, at least until GT3 came out.

The graphics, sound design, and gameplay are all pretty solid in this one. The only real issue here is that it's pretty bare bones. You get a bunch of racing teams to choose from, but I couldn't really see what the difference was from one to another. There are just five tracks to race on. Finish all five to complete a season. Complete 3 seasons and you beat the game. You can tweak your bike's specs a bit, but there are any upgrades to purchase or unlock or anything like that. Fun game, but just not enough content to keep you playing for very long.

IMG_20220520_225228.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted

I beat Taito Legends

My criteria was playing every game that doesn't have a high score system, beating every game that had a proper ending, and at least getting a high score on those that don't have an ending but do have a high score tracker. 

Not a ton of games on this one I like tbh, but a few nice surprises I hadn't played before but ended up enjoying. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

Beat Eternal Ring. Once I started to figure this game out, I actually began enjoying it. Like any of the old From Software games, this one is not really for the casual audience. It seems damned difficult at first, and it certainly can be unforgiving, but it's actually pretty easy to get through with some patience and careful play. Run around recklessly, though, and you will have your ass handed to you. The interesting thing with this RPG is that, for the most part, weapon attacks are pretty useless. The focus is definitely on crafting the different kinds of rings which give you access to the magic spells, which I thought was pretty interesting. Definitely far from a perfect experience, but one that I enjoyed more than I thought I would.

IMG_20220531_214915.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
25 minutes ago, cj_robot said:

Beat Eternal Ring. Once I started to figure this game out, I actually began enjoying it. Like any of the old From Software games, this one is not really for the casual audience. It seems damned difficult at first, and it certainly can be unforgiving, but it's actually pretty easy to get through with some patience and careful play. Run around recklessly, though, and you will have your ass handed to you. The interesting thing with this RPG is that, for the most part, weapon attacks are pretty useless. The focus is definitely on crafting the different kinds of rings which give you access to the magic spells, which I thought was pretty interesting. Definitely far from a perfect experience, but one that I enjoyed more than I thought I would.

IMG_20220531_214915.jpg

For a moment there I thought you said Elden Ring and was confused.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...