IGNORED

Yesterday I did the unthinkable...

RH

When iPhone was a new platform, I had a job at a computer with open internet all day. At that time I didn't see the need. Now I turn on my home desktop computer at most once a month. That will likely change when I modernize it after home renovations are done and I can hopefully do more creative projects, but having the internet in my pocket is mighty handy at work and when out and about. Seems kind of silly to go back to printing out mapquest directions or texting for bus arrival times (which were huge leaps forward in their own right). And I do feel somewhat ADD-addled when it  comes to reading books, something that I did pretty well at before Covid made me a nervous wreck for some months.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
21 hours ago, Tulpa said:

There are times that I wonder if I need a smartphone.

But then I'm out and about and wonder what is the etymology of the word marmoset, or what song is that on the Muzak system, or arguing with someone about the Spanish Armada, and then I'm glad I have one.

I try doing that and then get told, "Don't you have a smartphone, look it up!"  Not all questions need definitive answers.  Sometimes I just like the discussion that the question brings up.

• Agree 1