IGNORED

Game Glitches

Skorp

We all love game glitches!

Just came across one recently in Luigi's Mansion 3. Pretty weird as it just randomly happen while I walked by. Haunted hotel indeed.

Edit: Hmm doesn't play all the way posted here... direct https://www.facebook.com/bryan.skorp/videos/2539583919490885

Edited by Skorp

That's a rockin beat, lol.

Here's one that was discovered in Super Mario Maker 2: with specific frame perfect inputs you were able to cancel a spin jump and gain an extra block of height. Unfortunately it got patched, but it was a ton of fun to pull off in online multiplayer especially if you could just cheese the level by jumping straight to the end. 

I don't know where the photograph I took is, but in Ninja Gaiden, I was able to get six leaping dog bosses to appear, though not at the same time. I started with two, killed one, two more appeared, killed one more, two more appeared, and had a heck of a time dealing with four. 

• Wow! 2

Friday the 13th
08/26/03-9/1/03
Found a glitch that brings Jason back stronger than ever: beat Jason on the path (side view area), all of his health must be completely gone, then before he disappears, immediately enter a cabin (so make sure to beat him with a cabin a screen). You will see that Jason is in the cabin with you, though he appears to have no health left, but when you encounter him, his health is once again refilled and he will take far more hits to kill than before...256 hits using the torch! Yeah, I actually counted. Anyway, I let him kill off all but Crissy, so that when I next confronted him he wouldn't run away, then after a very long battle I defeated him. This accomplishment was on the 1st day, haven't attempted to beat him like this on the other 2 days.

This glitch actually worked every time I tried it, so it's not some random mess up. Now that this topic has come up and got me remembering this, I'm thinking I should try it again.

I never bothered with taking a pic but I have seen some small glitches in LM3 with coins spazzing out near the screen edges, wasn't nothing notably entertaining though. However I do recall finding all sorts of them playing Infamous Second Son like cars floating midair and real odd shit like a van spinning around on the map and you can even hear it but when you try to look for it for whatever reason it wasn't even there. The best one I had was at the final battle I got hit and got pushed into the backwall and stuck but I was able to keep hitting the boss but it couldn't hit me and defeated it then all the sudden I fell off screen while stuck in the wall and the game still carried on as if I beat it.  I had videos of some of the glitches  (except that last battle which I wish I had recorded as it was pretty funny) but they have been long since lost after I handed over the console to my youngest when I upgraded to a slim model. 

Fight and kill Jason while on the path, make sure to be near a cabin or a branching path, once Jason loses all of his health (he stops moving, flashes) immediately either enter a cabin or take another path off screen and the next time you encounter him he will have far more hit points than before. Normally with the torch Jason will take 32 hits to kill (each shot takes off one bar from his health meter), but once this glitch is activated he will take 256 hits to take down using the torch. I discovered this glitch back in 2003 and last night after all those years wanted to be sure I could still do it as well as record it. By the way, you do not have to kill off any of your counselors for this to work, I just wanted it to be a long boss battle (and to recount each hit, yeah 256HP with torch). You do not need the torch, but I never had the stamina to outlast him using any of the weaker weapons (came close I think with the axe). Oh, once you defeat him and the next day of the game begins he returns to his normal hit points (but if I remember right, the glitch can be activated on those days too).

Fast-forward to 16:00 to see how it's done (I stayed near the lake dock to assure Jason didn't attack me on the path again, not with those amounts of HP), or to about 18:00 for Jason battle. From what I tested, I know the torch does 1 HP bar per shot, the rock has to hit him 5 times to even knock a single bar of health off, machete was 3 shots per bar, so figure the knife would be 4 hits per bar and the axe probably 2 hits per. Now imagine actually fighting this stronger Jason using rocks, if my math is right he'd take over 1280 hits! I had a hard enough time trying to do it, and failing using the axe because my hands and fingers were sweating too much causing me to mess up, and that's a lot of concentration for a long time. Even if I were to be able to endure such a ridiculously long battle, no way would I be able to on the fast Jason of the following days.

Edited by MeganJoanne
deleted and reuploaded video

13 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

Found one in Mario Bros. Arcade (NES) by complete accident. Press the pause button right as Mario's head hits the above platform after jumping. If you time it right, Mario will jump right through the platform and land on it! You can try to rapidly pause/unpause to make it easier.

Cool! Tried it out just a moment ago. Tough to time it but managed to do it 4 times out of several minutes of rapid attempts.

• Like 1

Tried it out and succeeded thus felt a recording of it would be pretty cool to show it in action. I had some trouble at first but by the second round managed to pull it off a few times more easily. This is a glitch that could be super useful if mastered.

Edited by MeganJoanne
deleted and reuploaded video

3 minutes ago, MeganJoanne said:

Tried it out and succeeded thus felt a recording of it would be pretty cool to show it in action. I had some trouble at first but by the second round managed to pull it off a few times more easily. This is a glitch that could be super useful if mastered.

Nice job! Great to see it in action.

I'm not much a regular Mario Bros fan, rarely much played the NES one, though did have it on the Atari 2600 and played it in my very early years of gaming. But still a glitch like this, it's a good one, after all, short on time, takes too long to run around and jump up the edge of the platform, fuck it, jump right up through the middle and kick that baddie (or escape a threat, get that coin, whatever). Hope you didn't mind me making the video, I did look it up on Youtube to see if I could find any others but was only finding Super Mario related stuff. You find this glitch recent or some time ago?

14 minutes ago, MeganJoanne said:

At least that 1up that appeared to have fallen off screen didn't. Wonder what caused the background and foreground to swap, you do something to trigger it or it just happened randomly?

I don't know what triggers it. It may be more likely to occur when you're struggling at that part and keep falling back down.

It's an amusing glitch and normally not a big deal. It was annoying when it happened in the one life contest in the tournament last year because of having to start over.

Makes sense, sometimes scrolling, especially if too many things going on the game fails to keep up with it properly such like Metroid with the sudden color changes to blocks, or like Skyrim or State of Decay and such when the game can't load everything fast enough you find yourself suddenly falling through ground or driving through walls that hadn't loaded yet and then find yourself trapped when they do. Sounds like a similar thing.

12 minutes ago, MeganJoanne said:

Makes sense, sometimes scrolling, especially if too many things going on the game fails to keep up with it properly such like Metroid with the sudden color changes to blocks, or like Skyrim or State of Decay and such when the game can't load everything fast enough you find yourself suddenly falling through ground or driving through walls that hadn't loaded yet and then find yourself trapped when they do. Sounds like a similar thing.

In a lot of older games with vertically scrolling levels, you'll just die when you fall off the screen rather than scrolling back down. For example, the vertical stages in Battletoads. This makes the levels more challenging but it may also be less hassle for the programmers.

Wow of all things I've got to give credit where it's due on Mario Bros.  I've never heard of seen of that in over 30 years about that happening, and I'd wonder why Nintendo didn't catch it but I'd assume rushed out low tested famicom game is the answer there.  That is a game I've had since it more or less came out and it would never have occurred to me to hit the start button maybe a fist length away from the floor to teleport through it.  To see that in action it's a cheat but also a game changer with strategy entirely for attack and evasion even more.