IGNORED

New Matrix Movie- Spoiler...kinda

Gulag Joe

Not sure if any of you have seen the new Matrix Resurrections movie. This may be seen as a spoiler, but it's not really...

The movie's premise was based on a video game. However, the original concept had it based on a sealed video game. But the producers had to change the concept to an opened video game because it would've made the entire movie too rare for many people to watch. Happy new year from Gulag Joe.

• Confused 1

I want to see it, but I heard 2 & 3 were so bad, many unassociated friends told me not to watch them to ruin the experience of the first film.  I've seen bits and pieces and I was never pulled in.

How important are 2 & 3 to this film's story line?  I'd watch 2 & 3 regardless, but I don't have a streaming service with them on it.

3 hours ago, RH said:

I want to see it, but I heard 2 & 3 were so bad, many unassociated friends told me not to watch them to ruin the experience of the first film.  I've seen bits and pieces and I was never pulled in.

How important are 2 & 3 to this film's story line?  I'd watch 2 & 3 regardless, but I don't have a streaming service with them on it.

Your friends weren't wrong, lol.  2 & 3 mean f-all to the newest movie.  The only things you'll not be familiar with when they show up due to only having seen the original movie are two cameos and an ability that Neo picks up in the 2nd movie (and carries through the third).  Past that, it's basically all new territoriy save for when they're flashing back (figuratively or literally) to the first movie.  Resurrections is...a movie?  It's not as ridiculous or awful as the 2nd and 3rd ones were coming on the heels of the original, but it also feels kind of ultimately pointless.  A lot of the action is decent, but at points it just goes on and on and on unnecessarily, unlike in the original movie.  Beyond not knowing what folks are talking about when they mention it, I don't think you'll really be losing anything skipping the 4th movie as well.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

Your friends weren't wrong, lol.  2 & 3 mean f-all to the newest movie.  The only things you'll not be familiar with when they show up due to only having seen the original movie are two cameos and an ability that Neo picks up in the 2nd movie (and carries through the third).  Past that, it's basically all new territoriy save for when they're flashing back (figuratively or literally) to the first movie.  Resurrections is...a movie?  It's not as ridiculous or awful as the 2nd and 3rd ones were coming on the heels of the original, but it also feels kind of ultimately pointless.  A lot of the action is decent, but at points it just goes on and on and on unnecessarily, unlike in the original movie.  Beyond not knowing what folks are talking about when they mention it, I don't think you'll really be losing anything skipping the 4th movie as well.

Perfectly put

14 hours ago, RH said:

I ended up seeing the second film in theaters, but some moron ruined the experience by bringing their kid with them. So I was probably spared the moment that kid said out loud that they needed to go pee (or whatever). 😅

15 hours ago, RH said:

Reloaded has a lot of cool ideas (programs with their own agendas, vampires/ghosts in the matrix) and the action is second to none (that whole highway chase/fight is amazing.)  I think there is just a negativity spiral where people harp on a scene or two and act like the whole movie is bad.  "Zion Rave takes forever" or "It ends with an old guy just talking."

Revolutions is pretty much a continuation of Reloaded.  Action is solid and lots of good character moments as Neo finishes his journey.  It gets a bit bogged down in the middle, where in turns into a war movie with the side characters piloting mechs.

Resurrections actually does some cool stuff to bring back the characters and a lot of fun meta-ness.  If anything the action isn't as tight as it could be, which is weird because that has always been the series strong suit.  Nice capstone for the series and characters.  If this is the end of the Matrix, it's a good note to go out on.  If there are more stories to tell, then new characters and creators are needed.

Also the Animatrix is pretty b@d@$$.  That sets up some stuff for the second film, acts as a prequel telling the history of the machines, and just has some cool one off stories by anime legends.  This isn't just a cheap dtv cash-in, lot of thought and care went into it.

• Agree 2