IGNORED

Tornados in Midwest

TDIRunner

We've had tornado warnings most of the evening. This Amazon warehouse is 5 minutes from my house.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/major-amazon-warehouse-edwardsville-illinois/63-25e05131-738d-4bf6-af52-5b5820f2301b

Arkansas also had some bad storms with at least two deaths. It's been a crazy evening. Hopefully no more major injuries. 

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted

Yeah, up in St. Louis where we are, we had a few very close calls, multiple tornadoes just barely missed us. Had a couple tornado warnings go off, but other than that the worst of it was just a few minutes of really bad thunderstorms and pretty bad winds. Power didn't go out though surprisingly.

• Like 2

That's crazy weather right there. That sucks about that Amazon warehouse, I hope they can get everyone out thats still trapped inside.

Man tornadoes are frightening. I've ridden out hurricanes before, but you have usually a week or so to prepare for them. Tornadoes just drop and boom there you go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

It was crazy windy over here too last night, closer to Chicago.

It sucks that people lost their lives in that warehouse. Hopefully, casualties will be at a minimum for the storms from last night throughout the country.

I went to bed pretty late, but at that time they were still reporting no injuries, but I was worried that information would change by morning.  Pretty sad to hear some people died.  I have a relative that works at Amazon (not this location) and unsurprisingly, they are crazy busy this time of year, and I wonder if they were working at the time or taking shelter.  This is pure speculation, but I'm guessing they were working at the time.  

This morning I also realized that the building hit wasn't the one I thought it was.  This building is about 10 minutes from me instead of the closer one, but that's still pretty close.  

• Like 2