IGNORED

Mega man III GameBoy - ebay auction??

On 12/8/2021 at 5:57 PM, tidaldreams said:

you mean the one that ended early? apparently someone bought out all the seller's sealed games he had listed.

Thats exactly what happened! Some dingleling came along and flashed 10 grand and the seller sold them. The buyer got a fantastic deal: Mega Man III, Batman the video game and Blaster Master. The buyer can squeeze as much as 30 grand off Mega Man III alone once its graded. I didn't realize backdoor deals are so rampant. I was hoping to see a bidding war at auction. 😕 

14 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

Thats exactly what happened! Some dingleling came along and flashed 10 grand and the seller sold them. The buyer got a fantastic deal: Mega Man III, Batman the video game and Blaster Master. The buyer can squeeze as much as 30 grand off Mega Man III alone once its graded. I didn't realize backdoor deals are so rampant. I was hoping to see a bidding war at auction. 😕 

oh, i had no idea they go for so much. i got an 8.0 A+ Dr. Wily's Revenge for like $850 from goldin but i'm guessing it's not worth nearly as much as 3.

53 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

I look this up from Heritage, it reads Mega Man III 9.6 A+ sold $26,400, item #28109, 5 months ago. 

that was in july though, when everything went super nutty. hard to say what it's worth now since there hasn't been one since then. buyer probably still got a good deal though.

• Agree 1

Its hard ot say because the game is so scarce. Unless everyone starts coming out of the woodwork and post there MM GameBoys. Like they did with SMB. Your probably right though. Even if the buyer put all his cost into the MM game, he got Blaster Master and Batman for free. Must be nice making pure profit on games.

20 minutes ago, bowser said:

I don't think these prices will sustain. I think the people behind WATA and Heritage Auctions will be dragged to court soon enough for market manipulation

First sentence yes. Second sentence no. Courts do not understand or care about collectible markets and there is really nothing even close to breaking actual laws in this. Wata could maybe lose in a case about contractural obligation due to delays, but I doubt even that would happen. Consider what kind of testimony would happen on their side.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, bowser said:

I don't think these prices will sustain. I think the people behind WATA and Heritage Auctions will be dragged to court soon enough for market manipulation and prices will come crashing down. 

what about goldin then 🤔 did you see what happened during their auction the other night?

4 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

This happens so regularly on eBay now that I just assume all good items will get sold off-site. When something interesting or unique actually makes it to the end of the auction, I'm genuinely surprised.

think there was a raw MiJ Turtles in Time that made it to the end at like 30-40k

• Agree 1