IGNORED

Buying shipping boxes (Canada)

Hello party people,

Looking for suggestions on getting bulk shipping boxes. Since I buy so little these days I no longer have a stash of shipping boxes for selling. Canada Post sells boxes for about $4 a pop, which I don't mind for paying when selling higher valued items but it would add up quick. I used to root through retail cardboard bins but am kinda over that given the effort. Any suggestions from those who have a small business or do extensive shipping?

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

What size stuff do you typically sell, and how much?

You could look for 25 packs of certain size boxes on Amazon, or if you really sell a lot see if Uline has a Canadian equivalent?

Probably looking for a couple hundred medium size boxes. Enough to hold small lots/a few CIB games mostly. 

5 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Do I need to use them in a certain time frame? I have never paid a cent for a flat rate box. I have 20 plus of each size under my bed  at all times.

Nah. I've used some to store stuff. Funny enough, whatever I store in them usually gets sold/donated and then I can just use the box to ship stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Hello party people,

Looking for suggestions on getting bulk shipping boxes. Since I buy so little these days I no longer have a stash of shipping boxes for selling. Canada Post sells boxes for about $4 a pop, which I don't mind for paying when selling higher valued items but it would add up quick. I used to root through retail cardboard bins but am kinda over that given the effort. Any suggestions from those who have a small business or do extensive shipping?

Thanks. 

If you have a store called Total Wine near you then just go to the front and they have empty boxes. At least they do here in the states. If you ask nicely they'll let you take a bunch and theybeven have empty cigar boxes ans wine boxes, even those wooden boxes too.

It's a win win if you are actually buying stuff and pick up boxes as well.

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

If you have a store called Total Wine near you then just go to the front and they have empty boxes. At least they do here in the states. If you ask nicely they'll let you take a bunch and theybeven have empty cigar boxes ans wine boxes, even those wooden boxes too.

It's a win win if you are actually buying stuff and pick up boxes as well.

Yup. I work at a LQ store. We actually put most boxes in spot for people to take. Beats breaking all that shit down. 

Thanks people. I think I might have a potential supply from work. I'd be nice to get them free from Canada Post considering the price of shipping but that's not the Canadian Government way... They must overcharge, tax, and nickle and dime at every chance. 

I definitely overestimated the amount boxes I had in storage once I started ramping up sales. 

On 10/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, Plasma Man said:

The best place I've found for boxes in Canada is Staples.

Lots of boxes under a dollar a piece with free shipping.

https://www.staples.ca/collections/cardboard-boxes-9410

Yes... Bought from them before in a pinch. $1 or less is ideal. Thanks for the link. 

On 10/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, Plasma Man said:

The best place I've found for boxes in Canada is Staples.

Lots of boxes under a dollar a piece with free shipping.

https://www.staples.ca/collections/cardboard-boxes-9410

Thanks again. I basically got everything I needed for less than 100 bucks. Free next day shipping was icing on the cake. Sure beats dumpster diving. 

• Like 1