IGNORED

2020-21 NCAA Football/Basketball Thread

Bearcat-Doug

11 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I like FBS and FCS!   And DII and all that good stuff.

Not a basketball fan at all.

That's why I made a combined thread. With both the basketball season starting and football season heating up with the first playoff committee top 25 rankings coming out tomorrow, I figured we could get some good college sports talk going.

I'm a pretty big college FB & BB fan. Michigan State is my #1 team. They got Kentucky tonight in the Champions Classic. It'd be nice to see them win, and not lose their 4th straight in this classic. I'm not holding my breathe on it.

MSU football is trash this year. I think (and hope) D'Antonio is done... Cincy is having a good year. I see their AD is leaving for USC. You think Luke Fickell will stick around? I wouldn't mind MSU taking him off your hands. 😉

31 minutes ago, Strikezone1 said:

I'm a pretty big college FB & BB fan. Michigan State is my #1 team. They got Kentucky tonight in the Champions Classic. It'd be nice to see them win, and not lose their 4th straight in this classic. I'm not holding my breathe on it.

MSU football is trash this year. I think (and hope) D'Antonio is done... Cincy is having a good year. I see their AD is leaving for USC. You think Luke Fickell will stick around? I wouldn't mind MSU taking him off your hands. 😉

You already took Dantonio off our hands lol. From what I've read, Fickell wasn't all that close with the AD, so it's probably more of an issue with who the next AD is. I've heard Jim Tressel's name brought up the most since I doubt it would be too tough to get him from Youngstown State and there's the obvious Ohio State connection. It's tough to say if Fickell will stick around or not based on the last three coaches all leaving for bigger jobs. He's an Ohio guy so I hope he stays and keeps building the program.

7 hours ago, Strikezone1 said:

I'II be pulling for your guys tonight. UK is about as popular among Bearcats fans as Ohio State and hopefully UC can take care of them tomorrow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You already took Dantonio off our hands lol. From what I've read, Fickell wasn't all that close with the AD, so it's probably more of an issue with who the next AD is. I've heard Jim Tressel's name brought up the most since I doubt it would be too tough to get him from Youngstown State and there's the obvious Ohio State connection. It's tough to say if Fickell will stick around or not based on the last three coaches all leaving for bigger jobs. He's an Ohio guy so I hope he stays and keeps building the program.

He's a YSU alum so good luck peeling him away from there!

MACtion also starts tonight with two Tuesday night games.

39 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

He's a YSU alum so good luck peeling him away from there!

MACtion also starts tonight with two Tuesday night games.

I'm sure Tressel made enough money coaching at O$U and dropping down from President to AD might not be something he would be into either. I saw something in the USC news that Bohn left UC with the idea he could hire Urban Meyer at USC, but apparently he was told no and hasn't actually signed a deal yet so it looks like everything is in limbo since apparently he didn't resign from UC so nobody seems to be totally sure what's going on.

44 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm sure Tressel made enough money coaching at O$U and dropping down from President to AD might not be something he would be into either. I saw something in the USC news that Bohn left UC with the idea he could hire Urban Meyer at USC, but apparently he was told no and hasn't actually signed a deal yet so it looks like everything is in limbo since apparently he didn't resign from UC so nobody seems to be totally sure what's going on.

I would be shocked if you see Urban Meyer coaching anywhere again.   The stress gives him migraines or something.

Maybe AD somewhere down the line.

42 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I would be shocked if you see Urban Meyer coaching anywhere again.   The stress gives him migraines or something.

Maybe AD somewhere down the line.

Urban Meyer went to UC and played football.

His son is on the baseball team so that could be interesting. Even though he left Florida and Ohio State for health reasons, I'm guessing he would coach again if the right job came up. 

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, behemos said:

We watched them play North Alabama on September 7. Montana killed em. 

Sweet.  I wasn't there for that one, and I know the crowd can be a little lax for the small-conference foes (especially one that just moved up from DII), but hopefully we did our gameday proud.

8 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Sweet.  I wasn't there for that one, and I know the crowd can be a little lax for the small-conference foes (especially one that just moved up from DII), but hopefully we did our gameday proud.

Oh it was awesome. I even grabbed a hat so I wouldn't look like an idiot lol. Everyone was dripping with maroon. 

17 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'II be pulling for your guys tonight. UK is about as popular among Bearcats fans as Ohio State and hopefully UC can take care of them tomorrow.

Thanks... It was a typical Izzo/MSU performance in an early season big game: couldn't throw the ball in the ocean, dumb turnovers, too many fouls. This is MSU's 4th straight loss in the Champions Classic, and they're 3-6 since this thing started.. Pretty frustrating.

Big game for you guys tonight vs the Buckeyes. Best of luck!

13 minutes ago, Strikezone1 said:

Thanks... It was a typical Izzo/MSU performance in an early season big game: couldn't throw the ball in the ocean, dumb turnovers, too many fouls. This is MSU's 4th straight loss in the Champions Classic, and they're 3-6 since this thing started.. Pretty frustrating.

Big game for you guys tonight vs the Buckeyes. Best of luck!

18 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Go Big Blue 😉