IGNORED

Ebay in 2021

Boosted52405

Hey guys - years ago I sold and bought on eBay like no one's business, have 1000+ feedback score I believe, but haven't touched ebay in years.  I'd like to sell some NIB Amiibos and maybe some other things and just wondering if you guys could toss me some quick 2021 tips, if that makes sense.  Any new scammer tricks to worry about when listing?

For my Amiibos, they do have a tiny bit of shelf wear so will be sure to disclose that.  Not shipping overseas either, or partaking in their global program if that's still a thing.

Are ebay collections still high, like 12% of each sale?  Is it correct they no longer work thru Paypal?

Lol, I'm guessing I haven't sold on there since ~2015ish so any thoughts would be awesome.  Thanks!

Edited by Boosted52405

I think it's 12.5% and you are correct about no more PayPal. I've only sold a couple things since the changeover and it hasn't been bad. They still always side with the seller but unless you have really expensive Amiboo I think you'll be fine. 

Edit: I remember liking the new system better because final value fees are deducted right away instead of having to remember to pay them when the next bill came out a month later 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Thanks 1

I haven't noticed any change personally but I only sell on there pretty casually. The first few items I sold after paypal was cut out, it took 3-5 business days for eBay to payout (they take their cut and payout the rest directly to your bank account), but now it's typically there the very next day.

Just the usual otherwise; describe your items carefully, pack well and use tracking, and the higher priced the item the more stupid and ridiculous questions you get from brain-dead users.

• Thanks 1

If people message you and give you a sob story or weird reasons you should sell it to them for less, block them instantly. These people will never stop hassling you, even after the sale, even after getting the item and are the most likely to leave bad feedback. 

Just block them and let a regular person buy the item. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paypal for payout is dead, ebay got greedy and more controlling, but they do take maybe a 1/2 percent less in the end.

Given how people act, it isn't much different, maybe worse a little?

- Take images of both (or all) sides of whatever so they can't weasel out of a defect.
- Describe the amiibo(or game) well, not overkill, a line or two will do.  This will cover trolls who claim they didn't look.
- Do not openly offer returns (ebay can and do force them, but leaving it as an open option invites scum more often.)
- Box and bubble wrap them, say you'll do this in the auction so maybe scare of people hoping to claim mail damage.**

- Just be kind of nice, I use somewhat of a pasted form on mine.  I say it's part of my collection of ...  This is a game (accessory, etc) for X system(s.)  Spell out condition for a line or two tops.  Follow this spaced out telling them they need to look at your pictures to understand the condition it is in.  Say (already mentioned it) how you'll ship it exactly.  I'd offer a flat rate shipping choice, just charge like $4 or $5 whatever, ebays auto calculator is broken, can cost you at times.

** I'd hit office depot, pay around $1.25~ ea for their 6x6x6 cubes and get a roll of bubble wrap, don't bag em.  They sell a pretty long wide roll of it that's like a foot wide, small bubble in size, fairly long usually has a $10 off sale on that one size too in store so buying on ebay makes no sense for that.  When wrapping the amiibo make a pillow ball out of them, stuff in the box, no damn way it'll get any harm short of being used as a block to stop a rolling truck. 😄

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted

If you have air pillows laying around, put one of those in the area where just the cardboard is above the figure and then bubble wrap it.   

Set your shipping labels to come out of your pending balance (that's not default, so it'll take it out of your bank account if you don't change that setting).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

^^So true.  I HATE zone shipping, but I still can kind of guess out what to use under 1lb as I use flat rate shipping charges for 1st class.  I tend to be a tad bit high, I just figure it as price of packing, gas, whatever as it's usually no worse than 50cents at most.  When I let ebay calculate it's a mixed bag where i can sometimes eat a dollar or more depending on zone and weight, which they don't care to fix -- ever.