IGNORED

Good/Bad Deal?

So I paid $195 and the seller is saying that because of shipping he wants another 18 euros.

I already feel like I overpaid because the manual looks terrible. But the cart and case look good and it is a rare game. Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-Axe-Warrior-for-Sega-Master-System-RARE-RARE-/184956568948?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0

14 minutes ago, Californication said:

So I paid $195 and the seller is saying that because of shipping he wants another 18 euros.

I already feel like I overpaid because the manual looks terrible. But the cart and case look good and it is a rare game. Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-Axe-Warrior-for-Sega-Master-System-RARE-RARE-/184956568948?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0

I mean, wasn't the shipping cost established up front? 18 euros sounds about right for shipping to the US right now. 

Ever since the US left the international postal treaty sending stuff to America has gotten ridiculously expensive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I mean, wasn't the shipping cost established up front? 18 euros sounds about right for shipping to the US right now. 

Ever since the US left the international postal treaty sending stuff to America has gotten ridiculously expensive.

I paid €12 already I think so he wants €30 total.

And the ebay price translator was off by $15.

Edited by Californication

@Californication, the manual looks average and it also happens to be in German language judging by its cover. Wondering if you’ve noticed this prior to purchase?

Since the postage fee is now changed to more than double, you have the right of refusal to agree or to cancel. It’s really a matter of how much you really want it?

I'm going to cancel. The price would be like 60% of the cost of a clean ntsc version. It's too much to pay for that especially when for like 30% more I can get something I would be really happy with.

It's been weird buying the last year. I made a couple comprimises on quality because price, I paid high on one or two items I wouldn't have in the past, but in the last couple weeks I've gotten some decent deals.

Thank you for everyones advice.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Californication said:

I'm going to cancel. The price would be like 60% of the cost of a clean ntsc version. It's too much to pay for that especially when for like 30% more I can get something I would be really happy with.

It's been weird buying the last year. I made a couple comprimises on quality because price, I paid high on one or two items I wouldn't have in the past, but in the last couple weeks I've gotten some decent deals.

Thank you for everyones advice.

I had luck rounding out my loose NES set by contacting ebay sellers that weren't accepting offers. I'd just contact them and say hey I noticed x game has been sitting would you accept x dollars instead? I never low balled or anything like that just offered what I thought was fair. 

I'm doing my part to correct the market lol

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I had luck rounding out my loose NES set by contacting ebay sellers that weren't accepting offers. I'd just contact them and say hey I noticed x game has been sitting would you accept x dollars instead? I never low balled or anything like that just offered what I thought was fair. 

I'm doing my part to correct the market lol

Ya, I just got a couple good deals on ebay too.

I found a store in Japan who lists all kinds of good stuff. They  will cancel the auctions early and sell directly to me without paying ebay fees, at less than market value.

Prices are def. coming down.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I think he’s obligated to sell it to you for no additional amount. If the listing states a shipping amount, that’s the amount you owe for shipping.

Just think, if it costed him less to ship it, would he be refunding you the excess? 

If you look at the shipping, there is a small note that says something like subject to change for international shipping.

It's okay I got a mint copy of Ninja Gaiden for around half the price instead.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ninja-Gaiden-Sega-Master-System-/304075238996?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I am using a proxy shipper out of the UK for Power Strike 2 and would rather they shipped more than one game.

13 minutes ago, Californication said:

If you look at the shipping, there is a small note that says something like subject to change for international shipping.

It's okay I got a mint copy of Ninja Gaiden for around half the price instead.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ninja-Gaiden-Sega-Master-System-/304075238996?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I am using a proxy shipper out of the UK for Power Strike 2 and would rather they shipped more than one game.

Dang, I passed on Ninja Gaiden when it was $50 because it was too expensive. Just watched slowly crawl away 😭

I saw the result already, and I agree, bail, he's being a dick.

That said, ebay is notorious for pricing screw ups burning sellers too.  Usually when it happens is not so much the flat rate shipping over zones, that's a choice(one I make) but when it's calculated there tend to be problems, mostly down to when someone buys more than one item and combines things, then pays up front not asking for an invoice.

I get this happening quite a lot, just Sunday night I got screwed out of $3.50 over it which bugged me, but wasn't worth the loss.  I wrote the guy, thanked him, let him know he got a $3 savings in shipping leaving it vague like that.  Ebay's crap system took the charges for each item for shipping I had as flat because they were first class ($5 each) and charged him $10.  Problem is it was from KY to WA and ended up being just around $3.50 short, I ate it.  I wish ebay would stop people from paying on combined orders and allow an invoice first because you have no grounds to argue, maybe you can sit on hold for an hour and get them to refund it, but is $3 worth an hour?  Nope.