IGNORED

Did Taito 90s NES games have same print #?

Definitely not. Even the “heavy” Taito titles have multiple known print runs.

Bubble Bobble 2 has two absolutely confirmed.

Power Blade 2, Jetsons, and Little Samson also SUPPOSEDLY may have two (btw: check your date codes owners!)

Kickmaster may have up to three.

Only Dino Peak seems to have one.

Even then, I’m not 100% sure if the requirement was to have an equal amount of items printed within a single print run.

For example, do we know for sure if the supposed “10,000 minimum order” was per title, or per order? As in…can they print 9,500 Panic Restauarant and 500 Power Blade 2 and call that a 10k order? Who knows for sure 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

Did Nintendo even care if it met the 10,000 minimum at that point?

They were neck deep in the SNES and we're probably grateful for the revenue Taito and the small handful of other publishers were giving them. I bet they were just sending Taito whatever number of cartridges they asked for.

Edited by Tulpa

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

Definitely not. Even the “heavy” Taito titles have multiple known print runs.

Bubble Bobble 2 has two absolutely confirmed.

Power Blade 2, Jetsons, and Little Samson also SUPPOSEDLY may have two (btw: check your date codes owners!)

Kickmaster may have up to three.

Only Dino Peak seems to have one.

Even then, I’m not 100% sure if the requirement was to have an equal amount of items printed within a single print run.

For example, do we know for sure if the supposed “10,000 minimum order” was per title, or per order? As in…can they print 9,500 Panic Restauarant and 500 Power Blade 2 and call that a 10k order? Who knows for sure 🤷🏻‍♂️

I could never imagine LS and Panic being SUPER rare because they had multi-page features in Nintendo Power advertising them.  If they were being featured, they had to have made enough to expect some demand for it.  While a game like Swamp Thing was never even mentioned as even released.  My 2 cents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

I could never imagine LS and Panic being SUPER rare because they had multi-page features in Nintendo Power advertising them.  If they were being featured, they had to have made enough to expect some demand for it.  While a game like Swamp Thing was never even mentioned as even released.  My 2 cents.

Honestly, that's how I've always felt too.

• Like 1