IGNORED

Foochie’s NES journey

Foochie776

Currently at 175 and I have been working on my plan of attack. I am utilizing the rarity guide and bumping it up against price charting to see how to approach getting to 400. Hoping the prices will deflate on some of the filler while continuing to pick off some mid tier items. Some of the high end stuff is out of reach but we will see how far I get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScaryD said:

Currently at 175 and I have been working on my plan of attack. I am utilizing the rarity guide and bumping it up against price charting to see how to approach getting to 400. Hoping the prices will deflate on some of the filler while continuing to pick off some mid tier items. Some of the high end stuff is out of reach but we will see how far I get.

That’s a great plan and mine has been more or less the same. I’ve been intentionally buying the mid tier stuff that hasn’t jumped like I expected and now I’m trying to buy some of that high end

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I find that leaving the spaces for the games I "need" really steels my resolve for finishing the set...It feels amazing to put a game in its forever place and fill one of those holes...That is awesome! You are so far along! The only "full set" collecting I'm doing right now is for N64, and my dumb friends look at my N64 shelf (with ~275 out of 310 or whatever CIB games) and they say, "Man, you're still missing a lot of games..." And then I throw them out of my house 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sorta wish I was at 530 so I could feel the excitement of getting new games more often, haha

And then I look at the prices and I'm glad I got most of them - still missing 26 (with 1 game pending) for a full set with Unlicensed and PAL.

Kinda jelly of that Wacky Races I saw earlier in the thread, I still need that one, one of the 11 NTSCs I still need in fact

2 hours ago, Vectrex28 said:

I sorta wish I was at 530 so I could feel the excitement of getting new games more often, haha

And then I look at the prices and I'm glad I got most of them - still missing 26 (with 1 game pending) for a full set with Unlicensed and PAL.

Kinda jelly of that Wacky Races I saw earlier in the thread, I still need that one, one of the 11 NTSCs I still need in fact

I randomly found Wacky Races at a game store while on vacation in Florida. I didn’t get it for cheap ($299, which was actually a good price then) but it was cool to see it just hanging out. I had the last ten I needed written on a 3x5 card, I wish I kept it when I finished!