IGNORED

PCE works Mega engine

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'll say for what it is, it's near the bottom of my list of what I'd put money on, only edging out terraonion since they're scummy and shoveled broken PCE stuff and attacked people for not just calling it out but daring to make fools of them repairing the issues for them.  I wouldn't touch their kit if it were a free sample on principle. 🙂  If the Japanese unit wasn't like $450 or so USD I'd like that, the Duo from Analogue looks like a best choice but well they're not the best on wrangling things when they go live.  I'd just really like another option, even just one that'll take my existing CG2 and output HDMI off that rear port.  But I do know krikzz has a hucard upgrade everdrive coming that runs ISOs much like his Sega Gen/MD upgraded everdrive, I'd be most happy going that way.

I liked the idea of the screen, with a nice 8bitdo controller it would be a fun little package. 

I too am looking forward to the analogue duo and that will be the ideal platform but isnt very portable. I go to my inlaws often and get bored when im not fixing everything thats broken on a Victorian built in 1904 so it would be perfect, but bringing discs around isnt very portable. 

Really looking forward to the pocket, that will be the best when its out. So many systems. 

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

I liked the idea of the screen, with a nice 8bitdo controller it would be a fun little package. 

I too am looking forward to the analogue duo and that will be the ideal platform but isnt very portable. I go to my inlaws often and get bored when im not fixing everything thats broken on a Victorian built in 1904 so it would be perfect, but bringing discs around isnt very portable. 

Really looking forward to the pocket, that will be the best when its out. So many systems. 

Don’t Analogue products typically get jailbroken firmware that allows you to load roms?

The Pocket would be cart only, so very portable but no cd games unless you jailbreak

44 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Don’t Analogue products typically get jailbroken firmware that allows you to load roms?

The Pocket would be cart only, so very portable but no cd games unless you jailbreak

Correct. But I am more looking forward to hu card, GB and GG games mostly. I dont need cd specific games, personally. 

20 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I don’t get it. It just has a CD drive and USB ports and runs an emulator? So it’s the world’s lowest budget Mac Mini?

Kind of yeah, and the screen, that's optional you buy on your own on the side, then mod to fit in nicely with it reading their site as they link where on amazon to get them or direct from the manufacturer so it's not even their kit.  It's like a custom Pi-thing sorta, and some of them are even DIY to save a few bucks you assemble it yourself.  Even then it's hollow, you need to feed it the software and games to get going from what I saw.  Whatever it costs, I couldn't find the price, you're buying a limited edition plastic brick with a computer in side to run ROMs, but it needs setting up first, then loading, which is all your(buyers) problem.

I was initially planning to buy one, but I’ve changed my mind. The price is steep for what it is, but I understand why given the low production run and international shipping included in the price. I know PCEWorks gets a bad rep from some who dislike the fact that they’re making repros, but the quality of their products is top notch, so I’d assume this console will be done well despite being an emulator box. 

Like others have said in this thread, I’ll stick to original hardware until I can get my hands on an Analogue Duo (if it ever sees the light of day).