IGNORED

Orange Gameboy just how rare is this one?

JVOSS

Cool looking.  No idea on its origins.  Googling Yedigun netted me results in another language, with possible reference to a soda called Mirinda in Spain.  The promotional GBC's can definitely command a premium over a normal one, but I couldn't say by how much on this particular model.  The Tommy Hilfiger yellow one, a similar promotional GBC, goes for between $70-130 loose, at a glance.  This one might be more rare, but whether that translates to more value?  Dunno.

Since I don't collect handhelds that much, and just the games, I think this is the only legit orange shell there is.  So, if someone wanted all official colors, I think they need this one too and as others said, it's pretty rare.

I actually really like it and if it was in the neighborhood of about $75, or so, I'd definitely want to find one.  I'm sure it's not that cheap, though.  To a GBC hunter who knows about this item, I'm sure it's worth more than a few bucks above what I'd pay.

7 hours ago, RH said:

Since I don't collect handhelds that much, and just the games, I think this is the only legit orange shell there is.  So, if someone wanted all official colors, I think they need this one too and as others said, it's pretty rare.

I actually really like it and if it was in the neighborhood of about $75, or so, I'd definitely want to find one.  I'm sure it's not that cheap, though.  To a GBC hunter who knows about this item, I'm sure it's worth more than a few bucks above what I'd pay.

depends do you have a zelda chn cart?

I hate to use skies the limit, but in the case of that Turkish gameboy, it's very hard to come by and hard to nail a price down so it will come up to the pockets, will, and imagination of anyone fighting over it on ebay, here, elsewhere in an open format.  I saw the note about the Tommy one, it's not a bad idea maybe to start, but of the special run corporate tagged systems that's probably the most common.

@RH other official release orange GBC systems would include the Mexico/Europe release Mirinda, which is similar to the Yedigün just a different name on the logo (and different serial line). There is also the Daiei Hawks, which is clear orange front / clear black back, and the Pokemon Center 3rd Anniversary console which is solid orange front / solid blue back. There is also the SLAM GBC, which is a variant of the Mirinda. 

@JVOSS since Mirinda GBC have gotten up to $200-250 loose lately, I would give the Yedigün a little higher around $250-300 loose. 

Would you mind posting a pic of the back? 🙂

• Thanks 2

On 11/1/2019 at 9:46 AM, NeXmetal said:

@RH other official release orange GBC systems would include the Mexico/Europe release Mirinda, which is similar to the Yedigün just a different name on the logo (and different serial line). There is also the Daiei Hawks, which is clear orange front / clear black back, and the Pokemon Center 3rd Anniversary console which is solid orange front / solid blue back. There is also the SLAM GBC, which is a variant of the Mirinda. 

@JVOSS since Mirinda GBC have gotten up to $200-250 loose lately, I would give the Yedigün a little higher around $250-300 loose. 

Would you mind posting a pic of the back? 🙂

It depends on the reason do you have a serial list your tracking or a way to confirm what it is i have?

7 hours ago, JVOSS said:

It depends on the reason do you have a serial list your tracking or a way to confirm what it is i have?

Not sure if you're on the FB groups, but recently in the last year there have been FAKE consoles, like the Mirinda GBC, Ford DMG, JAL DMG, Toyota DMG, etc. being made by scammers misrepresenting them as authentic to sell for a high price. I was almost scammed with fake promos twice, as well as my friend James and another collector I know in France. Since I collect promo consoles, I have started tracking serials of any promo or not standard sale consoles to confirm authenticity. I keep my list private, and I reference it whenever someone has an authenticity question. It would somewhat defeat the purpose if it were to be made public unfortunately... Anyway, yes I keep a serial list for authentication purposes, there are no names of owners or anything like that, just serial numbers. So to answer your question, both, I track them and I can confirm what you have. 🙂

Picture attached is my friend holding up his authentic Mirinda, comparing it to a fake that was sold on Yahoo Auctions a few months back. We initially had suspicions when the serial number had an incorrect prefix, then upon closer examination we noticed inconsistencies with the logo. Also a comparison of an authentic Ford Iveco to the fake. I can post more examples as well... 

(My first time using imgur, sorry if I have to edit and fix it) 

https://imgur.com/Btxsi69

https://imgur.com/uWHCllW

Edited by NeXmetal
Fix pictures
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NeXmetal said:

Not sure if you're on the FB groups, but recently in the last year there have been FAKE consoles, like the Mirinda GBC, Ford DMG, JAL DMG, Toyota DMG, etc. being made by scammers misrepresenting them as authentic to sell for a high price. I was almost scammed with fake promos twice, as well as my friend James and another collector I know in France. Since I collect promo consoles, I have started tracking serials of any promo or not standard sale consoles to confirm authenticity. I keep my list private, and I reference it whenever someone has an authenticity question. It would somewhat defeat the purpose if it were to be made public unfortunately... Anyway, yes I keep a serial list for authentication purposes, there are no names of owners or anything like that, just serial numbers. So to answer your question, both, I track them and I can confirm what you have. 🙂

Picture attached is my friend holding up his authentic Mirinda, comparing it to a fake that was sold on Yahoo Auctions a few months back. We initially had suspicions when the serial number had an incorrect prefix, then upon closer examination we noticed inconsistencies with the logo. Also a comparison of an authentic Ford Iveco to the fake. I can post more examples as well... 

(My first time using imgur, sorry if I have to edit and fix it) 

https://imgur.com/Btxsi69

https://imgur.com/uWHCllW

20191104_132855.jpg