IGNORED

World of Nintendo Silver Globe Sign - Current Value?

Grengar

Hi everyone,

Back in the 90s, I purchased this World of Nintendo sign at a garage sale from a guy who used to work at Toys R Us. It's been hanging in my bedroom at my dad's house ever since, and while I haven't decided to sell it yet, seeing the price increases on different things did make me wonder what the current value is. I asked about a decade ago on Reddit and I was told $600-800, but it seems like prices have kind of skyrocketed since then, so I wasn't sure what I was looking at today. Part of me thought about parting with it and buying a VGA / WATA graded game with the money, but I wasn't sure it would be worth enough to get a graded game that I'd actually like (Pokemon or something).

Does anyone have any rough idea on the value? Even a ballpark number would be super helpful! There are a couple chips to the plastic around the edges and someone (maybe the store) put a wire attachment on the back. I'm not sure how much that affects the value.

Thanks so much!

NANdj.jpg.e3314c33beca01f402d3126825ec9996.jpgqMR1W.jpg.34625a4823dc18a282ca31448d384d3c.jpgtNiw6.jpg.9844bc792137a623c40dd79d3020c7b0.jpgialbZ.jpg.14d7dc84b1b65db2128c83ee0b3e6c8d.jpg82tJY.jpg.de4bd5faa1de8df7477b4c96189bc03d.jpg4sx30.jpg.2732195b5b9e6a3a7659e0744332580f.jpg5QMdN.jpg.7fcf3996139b969572cd6221d98d3a35.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just an amateur opinion, but to me it seems like the prices of non-game paraphernalia like this aren't really shooting up. They're not as attractive as Investments for a variety of reason (not immediately recognizable to many people, not heavily traded so not easy to liquidate if you choose to and harder to price, and in this case, awkward to store and transport). So they aren't quite subject to the same price pressures. Curious to hear what others think, though.

2 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Just an amateur opinion, but to me it seems like the prices of non-game paraphernalia like this aren't really shooting up. They're not as attractive as Investments for a variety of reason (not immediately recognizable to many people, not heavily traded so not easy to liquidate if you choose to and harder to price, and in this case, awkward to store and transport). So they aren't quite subject to the same price pressures. Curious to hear what others think, though.

That's really helpful! I saw some for sale on eBay for thousands (one for sale for seven grand!), but they were for sale, not sold, so it's always hard to tell if those prices are realistic. Didn't see any that had actually sold since they're pretty rare.

I thought if I could get enough to get a sealed and graded copy of Super Mario Bros 3 or something, I'd make the swap, especially since the sign isn't in my house or anything.

They're not realistic, it's someone looking for a chump effectively.  Like when people for years brought up ebay on Pawn Stars, Rick always fired back the most important comment ever: Was it what they were getting, or what they were asking?

That's the end game of it there.  You need to reach out, people here are most likely to know next to asking reddit again now, as some crazy collectors who are here do peddle in and collect that kind of stuff so they have a feel for it.  I'm positive it's worth more than what you were told 10 years ago, but I don't think it probably more than doubled or tripled since then, definitely not some $5000 item.