IGNORED

New Terraonion FPGA announcement announcement

phart010

Public service announcement:

Terraonion just announced that they will announce the new FPGA device tomorrow.

They also included this image in the email. I can’t make out the background image, but I wonder if it provides a clue to what system it will be

16CC15F0-5592-42C1-A9C1-AD167817A9FB.png.f224de44fc67e8f2697b248897bba921.png

Edited by phart010

phart beat me to it.  I own that cart on Neo Geo -- That's B Jenet and I recognized that hair and skull on the purple dress immediately.

Considering TO kind of sucks and is so far batting 50% on non-screwed up product that comes out I'd personally be wary.  Their original project was Neo Geo based and it was one of the 2 they didn't foul up, the other being the Sega one.  Yet the second NG product upgrade they did, did have problems, just nothing as horrifically screwed up as the PCE disaster.

I wouldn't mind seeing what they have in store, and if they're going to gouge hard or keep the prices more reasonable like analogue does with their $200ish systems.  If it ended up not being a turd, they're shady and are based where they can not be held accountable for defective product, so buy from StoneAgeGamer as they'll back it up with their store warranty for a good year.

I've wanted a HDMI neo-geo option that used my carts, so this is kind of tempting despite the maker.

I'm in the same thoughts as you on that, I don't trust TO.

There is a way around it though.  Stone Age Gamer.  Once they eventually get them, they warranty the products through themselves for awhile so if something is defective or croaks they'll cover it unlike the actual maker.  I know it's splitting hairs still supporting their move to where they can't be held liable anymore, but at least it's something.

And yeah there's the in the mists bit of the analogue duo, I imagine if that thing actually will handle HuCard rom dumps and ISOs with a jailbreak it would be far more ideal as it can do the CDs if you wish it still.

Homebrew Team · Posted
21 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

While I'm leaning towards the Analogue product, Super Grafx support is pretty nice with the super System, and I'm fairly certain the Analogue product won't support that.  But at the end of the day, that's a small number of games to base an overall decision on.  

Analogue has stated Super Grafx support for the Duo

Screenshot_20210528-180002__01.thumb.jpg.cf77a1171d01608313ad6e1ff0381f45.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

Analogue has stated Super Grafx support for the Duo

Screenshot_20210528-180002__01.thumb.jpg.cf77a1171d01608313ad6e1ff0381f45.jpg

Thanks.  I must have forgotten as it's a pretty minor detail in the grand scheme of things.  Considering I own all of the other Analogue products so far, I will almost certainly get their product over the Super System.  With that said, it's pretty amazing to think that we have options like this today.