IGNORED

Seller has all games listed as Brand New, yet they are all CIB and they still have 100% feedback rating

Hello, was wondering if anyone is familiar with this seller: https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=suzydicus&_sop=10

In particular, how are they able to sell their games as Brand New when it is clear they are not and maintain a 100% feedback rating. I only noticed this seller when I was doing research on CIB prices and they are messing them up.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Administrator · Posted

Same shit as always, they just use keywords to increase eyes on. 

image.png

This is very clearly Legend of Dragoon, so not sure why it says "Valkyrie Profile 1 2 3 4".

Further, in the description:

"Hello, everything is in mint condition, save a few superficial marks on a a couple of the discs."

You know, mint! Except... not!

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Same shit as always, they just use keywords to increase eyes on. 

image.png

This is very clearly Legend of Dragoon, so not sure why it says "Valkyrie Profile 1 2 3 4".

"Hello, everything is in mint condition, save a few superficial marks on a a couple of the discs."

Well I was actually more curious how they still have a 100% feedback rating when they are selling opened games as new. It's clear from their feedback that some people purchased their items thinking it was new, getting it opened, but they still left a positive?

I've seen other sellers that have misleading listings but normally their feedback rating is trash. 

It’s not necessarily malicious behavior by the seller. It could be that he just duplicated someone else’s listing and doesn’t realize the difference between brand new sealed and very good CIB

Theres a button at the bottom of every listing that says “sell one like this”

If you click it, eBay will create a duplicate of that listing for you and allow you to make any necessary edits. This may explain why his price is $150 also, I think that’s a little high for a used copy of Dragoon

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

VGA would probably call that "mint" if the scratches are not that noticeable. And Wata would probably call it "mint" because it is not a Nintendo cartridge. 🤔

Probably buying from himself or having friends buy from him and leaving him positive feedback. Everything related to reviews these days are extremely suspect, not just eBay. 

I could sell the dog crap in my backyard as a 24k gold bar and pay and offshore place to leave me 20k 5 star reviews. 

On 5/3/2021 at 4:50 PM, tidaldreams said:

In particular, how are they able to sell their games as Brand New when it is clear they are not and maintain a 100% feedback rating. I only noticed this seller when I was doing research on CIB prices and they are messing them up.

People who are spending big money can clearly see that the item they are getting isn't brand new. So the buyers are probably already aware they aren't getting a sealed game. As far as 100% feedback well they do offer 30 day return so if a buyer is not satisfied with the order they can return with no problem. If a buyer leaves negative feedback the seller could appeal it and usually Ebay just removes it.