IGNORED

Is this site a scam? Selling Kayaks

LeatherRebel5150

My girlfriend found a site selling kayaks cheap with free shipping. It seems like it is too good to be true kind of thing. I'm no expert on kayaks but under $90 and free shipping on a 10ft 30-50lb object doesn't smell right. Their pictures are blurry and I can't find any info on about the site itself.  If anyone has any experience with them please let me know. Thanks

https://www.televied.com/

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

• The title was changed to Is this site a scam? Selling Kayaks
6 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

It's a scam. Did you find this in a Facebook ad? Their SSL certificate is 5 days old (not that that's bad in itself, but this site was just set up) and half the links on the site are dead or have random Chinese text.

I didn't find it, my girlfriend just sent me the link and everything seemed off, I don't know anything about websites/programming/etc so I don't even know what a SSL cert is. But I'll take your word for it. Thanks

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Best semi-similar deal, a paddleboard from Body Glove is $1000 retail, Costco is blowing them out for $400 right now.  That's about as good as you're going to ever get before traveling into sketchy territory.

The Body Glove, for your Nintendo Switch! 😄  I love the Body Glove, it's so bad! 😄 

But seriously I'm pretty darn sure that things like kayaks and especially the helmet/life jacket are NOT things you skimp or cut corners over!! 😮 

4 hours ago, Estil said:

The Body Glove, for your Nintendo Switch! 😄  I love the Body Glove, it's so bad! 😄 

But seriously I'm pretty darn sure that things like kayaks and especially the helmet/life jacket are NOT things you skimp or cut corners over!! 😮 

Hah oh I've seen it.  Got to love that second hand market for used helmets, vests, baby/kid car seats.  Nothing says savings like only one compromised part, because you know, the rest works just fine.