IGNORED

BEST & Most Desireable/Valuable PS3 Games of All Time

So I wanted to buy a new game and try out some new graphics and see some cool shit. I saw Batman Arkham Asylum for $5 and figured I'd give it a shot because I heard so much about it....

Still somewhat undecided on it. The controls aren't super intuitive, and that's bothersome for me.... but we'll see, I'll get more used to them. 

I am not a big fan of searching around for shit, though. I just want to beat dudes up and see some cool graphics. 

Spider-Man 2 has been my favourite "new" game I've ever played. 

On 2/15/2021 at 2:15 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

Arkham Asylum blew my mind when I first played thru it.  At the time I said it was the best game I had ever played.

On 2/15/2021 at 3:58 PM, avatar! said:

I thought that was a fabulous game. So good, I played Arkham City and then Knight. I thought both of those were not nearly as streamlined and exciting as Arkham Asylum. Also, they added some 3D feature to the game which was gimmicky and strange... I loved it 🙂

ps3_batman_arkham_asylum_goty_p_d43yb9.jpeg

Can you help me understand something about this game???

Why can't Batman JUMP? Am I stupid or missing something with the gameplay mechanics??? 

So far the X button does like 80 things..... you hold it to run, jump sometimes and you double tap it and hit a direction to dodge.... 

It's annoying to me there's not just a simple jump button. 

Edited by AirVillain

4 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Why can't Batman JUMP? Am I stupid or missing something with the gameplay mechanics??? 

So far the X button does like 80 things..... you hold it to run, jump sometimes and you double tap it and hit a direction to dodge.... 

It's annoying to me there's not just a simple jump button. 

Batman is meant to be an amazing athlete, but not Super Mario -- remember Bruce Wayne is human 🙂

His grapple gun is the only way he can quickly leap into the air, and once you get used to the mechanics, Arkham Asylum is amazing - one of my favorite games of all time! I finished Arkham City and found it not nearly as enjoyable as the first game.

19 hours ago, avatar! said:

Batman is meant to be an amazing athlete, but not Super Mario -- remember Bruce Wayne is human 🙂

His grapple gun is the only way he can quickly leap into the air, and once you get used to the mechanics, Arkham Asylum is amazing - one of my favorite games of all time! I finished Arkham City and found it not nearly as enjoyable as the first game.

This is true... but he should still be able to jump!

I haven't HATED the gameplay mechanics so far so we'll see.... I'm just not that patient with games, haha.

• The title was changed to BEST & Most Desireable/Valuable PS3 Games of All Time
14 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

yeah this and the chicago version (which has no english in it sadly, even the asian version)

if you can't fall asleep, give it a try

haha, so I take it you found it a bit boring? What exactly do you do? Also, are any of the versions in English?

On 2/8/2023 at 3:23 PM, avatar! said:

Not a surprise, but the PS3 Last of Us is now selling for big bucks too. I know many consider it a great game, but I stand by what I said earlier -- overrated. Still, it's not the first nor last game that will be overrated!

I'm with you on this.  I eventually enjoyed the game but was really baffled when I started playing it.  What jumps out immediately is that this is just another zombie apocalypse story like so many others.  Joel is kind of a poor-mans Rick from The Walking Dead (or insert your zombie fiction of choice).  The gameplay always kinda feels like it is holding you back.  There is some awesome gameplay that you can get out of TLOU (and TLOU II), but it is so rare and takes so long to get through all the scripted stuff that I'm not sure it is worth it.  

In this case, I was actually excited about the show because I thought the story fit better as a linear narrative than an interactive video game.

Still, if you owned a PS3 at the time, you had to play it.  Not sure about it now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 5:01 AM, avatar! said:

haha, so I take it you found it a bit boring? What exactly do you do? Also, are any of the versions in English?

Yeah not for me, but it's great that games like this exist, since there are many train/metro fans in Asia. Have you played any entry in the Densha de Go! series? It's similar.

• 3 months later...
On 8/10/2023 at 11:50 AM, fcgamer said:

This...

It's rumored they recorded the video using a smartphone.

e92b9050-a38d-42d1-be51-132d8bd0c9aa.jpg

So I finally took some time to play around the game a bit more seriously, and it's crap.

It's a cool oddity but I wonder if even hardcore train fans actually enjoyed this when it came out. The actual game is boring as hell, and the video quality is shockingly bad. The sides of the video when the train slows down make it clear this was recorded like shit, and you can see the single frames moving one by one. I understand this was 2006/7 but man is it bad.

The only 3D animation in the whole game is the speed lever in the bottom right corner of the dashboard. All the rest is basically static or just 2d icons. The video part is blurry and low-res.

Now for the sound part, they seem to have used real train announcements in Chinese and English, with different voices which are clearly from Chinese people even when it's in English - which seems genuine.

What's hilarious is the train warning voice, which is in English by a guy who's obviously German with the most heavy accent you have ever heard. Seriously. I doubt this is the real train voice. Most likely they only managed to find this German guy somewhere in Taiwan and asked him to record a few lines. Couldn't they find a British or American guy? Or even any other stranger with a more decent pronunciation? Even me would have sounded much better, yeah it's that bad. I still like to believe this is the real train voice, maybe the warning system is from Germany and they really recorded a German guy? It sounds absolutely hilarious and terrible at the same time. You have the cute woman speaking in Mandarin, then another woman with funny Engrish, and every time the speed limit changes you have this ridiculous German guy shouting ALLOWED SPID WAN WAN ZEERO.

Outside of the train thing, the game has barebone text info about the train and train infrastructure, and the rest is text and a single photo of local tourist spots near each of the train stops. With phone numbers and address, from 2007, super cheesy advertisement. No videos, no zoomable map, nothing.

Conclusion: what were they thinking, really?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...