IGNORED

I spotted a VGS member!

a3quit4s

37 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

And I think if you go to the comments back then people were saying I was over charging. I did 30% less than Price Charting at the time, that was my bro price.

i think people like to throw shade when they presume your markup is high. it doesnt matter you were charging 30% less. they see you asking $30 for a game they perhaps presume you got for a song.

game chasers were passing on those prices i assume because they thought they could do better. we all do that 🙂 

ferris i wonder if you put your self in the reverse role in that same situation and those were games you wanted. would you have bought a lot from yourself or not? just honest question. 

Edited by docile tapeworm

17 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

i think people like to throw shade when they presume your markup is high. it doesnt matter you were charging 30% less. they see you asking $30 for a game they perhaps presume you got for a song.

game chasers were passing on those prices i assume because they thought they could do better. we all do that 🙂 

ferris i wonder if you put your self in the reverse role in that same situation and those were games you wanted. would you have bought a lot from yourself or not? just honest question. 

30% off pricecharting I would have been all over that plus Ferris was taking condition into play. Your lucky to even get pricecharting today on eBay. I had a rant where pricecharting is becoming the starting price and not the end price which is not what the service was for. 

Don’t think I didn’t see the Ferris Bueller VHS on top of the VCR either!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

30% off pricecharting I would have been all over that plus Ferris was taking condition into play. Your lucky to even get pricecharting today on eBay. I had a rant where pricecharting is becoming the starting price and not the end price which is not what the service was for. 

Don’t think I didn’t see the Ferris Bueller VHS on top of the VCR either!

i dont like to use the pricing sites. i just refer to ebay latest sold auctions and factor in condition and fees. 

*double checks pugsleys 😉 

i think the game chasers pride on paying $5 😄

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

i dont like to use the pricing sites. i just refer to ebay latest sold auctions and factor in condition and fees. 

*double checks pugsleys 😉 

I use pricing sites to give me a general range, but recent completed sales combined with available BINs is a much more accurate reflection of the current price. Videogame pricing is akin to the stock market where the price continually fluctuates over time, even within a single day.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I never liked these people.  It always felt like a scam to get every NES game as cheap as possible under the guise of some sort of vlog and bragging about it 🤷‍♂️

I like them because they are entertaining to watch. It used to bug me how they were always trying to get games on the extra cheap but I realized over time that they really didn’t have a lot of money to spend on games. I’m fortunate enough to not have to nickel and dime my way through the NES set but not everyone else is. I came from nothing so I empathize. 

@Ferris Bueller I’ll take Zen off your hands if you are still selling it for $30!

For some reason I don’t have the same empathy for the NES Quest guy mostly because at the end he pays an assload of money for stadium events I guess 

Edited by a3quit4s

24 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I never liked these people.  It always felt like a scam to get every NES game as cheap as possible under the guise of some sort of vlog and bragging about it 🤷‍♂️

ya... i understand trying to get the cheapest deal possible but sometimes people ask the wrong people for dirt deals on good games and it might not be a good look for some...

I like the show. I mean there is cringey stuff, but they choose to be who they want to be. I can't remember if I found Pat the Nes Punk first or Game Chasers, but I found NA from watching Pat the Nes Punk and before that I was on a island of solitude with my video game collecting. Personally, I think Nes Pursuit and that show with the blond kid they used to have on are the real pos's.

Edited by Californication

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I thought he gets it for free from Atwood in the documentary and then sold it a few years later?

I’ll have to rewatch the end but I could of sworn he paid for it

edit: he definitely buys it, after the second time he goes and it shoots back to him waking up it says after saving for “8 months and making the largest purchase of his life”

Edited by a3quit4s