IGNORED

The wood/pellet smoking grill thread

Mae247

I don't own a wood pellet/smoker, but my father-in-law does.  I've never had a bad meal from it.  I've had to fix it more time than I can count, but luckily they are pretty easy to work on due to their simple design.  I've been wanting to get my own, but they are so expensive, and we grill so little mainly because those types of meals we usually end up eating at relative's houses.  

I also used to sell them YEARS ago back in my hardware store days.  Sometimes the boss would have me smoking some food outside the store.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I don't own a wood pellet/smoker, but my father-in-law does.  I've never had a bad meal from it.  I've had to fix it more time than I can count, but luckily they are pretty easy to work on due to their simple design.  I've been wanting to get my own, but they are so expensive, and we grill so little mainly because those types of meals we usually end up eating at relative's houses.  

I also used to sell them YEARS ago back in my hardware store days.  Sometimes the boss would have me smoking some food outside the store.  

Have you checked into the Oklahoma joe bronco?

very cheap and highly recommend it!

also, a good old Weber kettle does the trick to and they are cheaper!

• 1 year later...

Congrats on the Traeger (especially the deal).  I do not have one, but have had many a tasty meal cooked on them.  My brother in law made a smoked mac and cheese that was out of this world a few weeks ago.  I have a couple webber kettle grills that can smoke things just fine, but I have been eyeing the Traegers.  The "set it and forget it" factor for doing long cooks is unbeatable.  No refilling the charcoal, etc.  A Traeger is definitely the next grill purchase for me.  Enjoy the tasty goodness my man.

• Like 1

Our propane grill finally rusted out and we decided to replace it.  I wanted to get a smoker, but I can't convince my wife because she doesn't enjoy smoked food (even though I know it's just in her head).  We decided to go with a Blackstone grill which we managed to get at Walmart for 45% off.  It's the 4 burner with lid and 2 air fryer drawers.  I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'm excited to try it out.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...