IGNORED

My gameboy (8bit) stuff as it stands now.

Tanooki

It has been a few years since I laid it all out on the floor to check it out and see if things have degraded at all or not, and to make sure nothing slipped through the cracks of my game inventory, figured since it's a collecting section and some really like to see stuff I figured I'd share.  This starts with one DMG Gameboy from 1989 complete in the box, to another from around 91/92, then a couple Pockets (one a launch one), the elusive Gameboy Light, and the only Color I have and I put an IPS panel in it for daily use.

I recently added a heavy hitter that took a long time to track down, Konami GB Collection Vol4, and a few cheap ones from an online pickup too.

Any fun suggestions maybe to add?  And yes I have 2 manuals with no games to call friends yet for Crystalis and TMNT2.

gameboy-dmg-01-complete.thumb.jpg.127648931505efa45153314c961d9b50.jpggameboyspnes-agb-001-gameboypocket-mgb-001-complete.thumb.JPG.459c3ff6f97eb220827b6d051ce76b28.JPGGameboy-DMG-01-1989.thumb.JPG.46dc29797342737e431dac3e98dc3de9.JPG

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4597.jpg

• Like 7

It's really nice you have all the mega man games! I don't buy 1-3 because owning any of them will be a daily reminder that 4-5  are beyond my reach.

I mostly like to have first party stuff which there is probably no need to mention for recommendation. But some classic popular-ish stuff I can recommend are kwirk (puzzle) and nemesis (aka gradius for the gameboy). There are also fun accessories you can get like the gameboy camera and gameboy printer. With the printer you can print the pictures from the sidequest in loz:la.

9 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Nice.  Needs one of those big-honkin hard-plastic original era carry cases.

Yeah maybe, considered it before.  Back in the day I had that classic flat square travel case that supposedly fit the DMG and had 4(x2 deep) game spaces to the left/right of it made out of some very thin molded cheap plastic, and below a tray for accessories (which I'd just put double the games into.)  It's just not practical using the travel bag.

9 hours ago, sg17 said:

It's really nice you have all the mega man games! I don't buy 1-3 because owning any of them will be a daily reminder that 4-5  are beyond my reach.

I mostly like to have first party stuff which there is probably no need to mention for recommendation. But some classic popular-ish stuff I can recommend are kwirk (puzzle) and nemesis (aka gradius for the gameboy). There are also fun accessories you can get like the gameboy camera and gameboy printer. With the printer you can print the pictures from the sidequest in loz:la.

I can understand that.  I picked them off one at a time cheap, and 5 was out of reach.  Maybe two years ago now, I ended up buying a gameboy bundle locally from someone and whether they realized it or not one of the included games was #5.  Even then it was like a $100 game and I don't remember exactly but I know i didn't pay that much for the little bundle so I was thrilled.  And yes I agree, wish I had a camera and printer, just never really got around to it as I doubted I'd bother much so they've been low priority not really wanting to pay to just buy it online.

I'd like to add since he pointed out obvious gems like 'Gradius' for Gameboy, yeah it's not clear, but I have it.  The Konami GB Collection Vol 1-4 are re-releases, with full gameboy color palette added to 4 classic games in each cart.  In those UK only releases Vol1 and Vol4 happen to have Gradius 1 and Gradius 2 (Interstellar Assault) on there, along with both sharing Castlevania 1 and 2 too.  Other games have a Japanese exclusive translated Goemon, Parodius, Twinbee, Guttang Gottang, Konami F1 Racing, Frogger, and others.  So my game library is actually +12 games if you count the carts at 1 (for 16 total.)  Japan got them too, but they're only SuperGameboy games for their releases, so inferior.

Nothing in the image is unoriginal as far as anything goes there with the games and accessories.

Yeah, the plastic cases are pretty impractical.  There is the stylized one that looks like a giant gameboy, and then there was one that was more rectangular and was still "official" but a bit more subdued/generic-looking.

In my last wave of cleaning house, I sold my original GB fanny-pack, since at the time that style of bag seemed to be briefly popular again (though worn as a sling rather than as a belt).

A gameboy I got around a month or so ago that came with a few games that needed a total re-shell and work done to it, it had one with it but I never pictured it if we're talking the same.  There was the traditional fanny pack, but also the one on the original system box that looks more like a 3 section batman utility belt due to the pockets for game carts on the outside of it, it had that.  It was stained and ripped, otherwise I would have cleaned it up but it was a goner.

Personally what I use now at the 8bit level, nothing.  Whatever is in there is all I need as nothing more fits.  If I want to go with the GBA I have a few of those smallest cases that can fit like 2-3 games and I'll stuff a few in there going old style.

It has been a good many years now, but still post-NA departure, I found a beautifully camouflaged elegant sneaky way to hide every one of my loose GB, GBC and GBA games.  I found at the flea market an antique old card calalog that was usually used in a small library since it just had the 2 drawers on it and picked it up for very little.  Each drawer is just wide enough you can fit 2 columns of any of those carts in there so it holds a LOT.  I've added a picture, and this is how I keep all my GB C and A games safely tucked away, dust free, and in order.  Looks better in person, second pic I tried there, still not right, but that's phone cameras for ya.

antiquegbstorage.JPG

• Like 2

^ sometimes the simple things in life are often the best! 

I’m longing for the right time to set up my collection as I’m preparing for a new home and most of the stuff I have are currently in storage in boxes. For handhelds, I collect for GB, GBC and GBA but I don’t game on these platforms for quite some time.

Thanks and thanks.  That's pretty much the realization I had when I saw them sitting on the bed of a pick up maybe 5 years ago at the flea.  He had a few of them, that one was in the best shape for the size and i still remember being shocked he only wanted $20 so I snapped it up, cleaned and polished it and it has held GB games ever since.

It's a simple elegant design style that is durable, keeps the dust off, doesn't look cheap and lame like sterilite either.  I know I could maybe run out of room at some point, but there are nearly 70 games in the left drawer and room still probably to take it up to 80.  GBA games are a little thinner even with that lip on top, probably get close to 90 and I have no interest in getting 90 GBA games, so maybe more room for GB/C still. 😄

• Like 1