IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

So my thoughts here:

Why the hell did you all not tell me the switch is amazing!!!!!!!  @JVOSS  hopefully you have been having a similar experience with it as well.  Also, thanks for the screen protector.  I look to install it very shortly!  

So glad I finally pulled the trigger and bought one.  I never thought I would use it as much as I have already!  🤣  Anyway, my friend code is in my profile, so feel free to friend me if you wish.  Go ahead and do it now if you participate in game nights.  This will help in getting in games etc.

So far, I have played Smash, single player so not as good as the rest imo.  Maybe if I actually play online with some folks it will be better.  Really just grinding and trying to get characters.  

Luigi's mansion 3 is pretty damned amazing as well.  Reminds me of the Gamecube one.  The og one! 

Mario Kart 8:  So far a decent experience with it.  I look forward to many more game nights on this game actually.  It was rather fun, and as soon as I learn all the tricks of the trade I can actually maybe come in first a time or two.  

So far that is my experience with it.  I look forward to snes and nes emulators for work as well.  Jeez, its like nintendo might have actually known what the heck they were doing when they made this damned thing!!!!!

Anyways.......so far, I actually have nothing but good things to say about this thing.  Look forward to being able to play games with you all and explore the library more so than what I have already.  

Any suggestions feel free to post, but I gotta pay the damn switch off first before I go hog wild on a buying spree for games!!!!

• Like 3

It’s such a fun system and really fun to collect because the library is so amazing. Hopefully people see your post and jump on board too 🙂 

Check out the Switch thread here so you can keep on top of all the great releases.

My favourite thing about the Switch is the hybrid nature of it. Works great as a console and as a handheld.

A few recommendations from me if you haven’t played them/played them on other systems:

Celeste

Shantae games

Doom

Witcher 3

Breath of the Wild

Bayonetta 1&2

Catherine

Diablo 3

Mario Tennis

Xenoblade Chronicles 1&2

Mario & Rabbids

Divinty: Original Sin 2

DKC: Tropical Freeze

Toad’s Treasure Tracker

Golf Story

Fire Emblem

and heaps more but this list will keep you busy. Enjoy the best Nintendo console since the SNES (in my opinion).

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted

Really, really happy to see you've been having so much fun with it. If you're already having a good time with the games you already own, then Breath of the Wild is a must play for sure. I think you'd enjoy it quite a bit, and I'm not just saying that because it's my favorite game, haha. Super Mario Odyssey would be another one to try out, since I know you're a fan of the 3D Mario games, or at least SM64.

Edited by ZeldaFreak

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, Shmup said:

It’s such a fun system and really fun to collect because the library is so amazing. Hopefully people see your post and jump on board too 🙂 

Check out the Switch thread here so you can keep on top of all the great releases.

My favourite thing about the Switch is the hybrid nature of it. Works great as a console and as a handheld.

A few recommendations from me if you haven’t played them/played them on other systems:

Celeste

Shantae games

Doom

Witcher 3

Breath of the Wild

Bayonetta 1&2

Catherine

Diablo 3

Mario Tennis

Xenoblade Chronicles 1&2

Mario & Rabbids

Divinty: Original Sin 2

DKC: Tropical Freeze

Toad’s Treasure Tracker

Golf Story

Fire Emblem

and heaps more but this list will keep you busy. Enjoy the best Nintendo console since the SNES (in my opinion).

OMG

You me and @Reed Rothchild are like brothers lol......snes ftw!!!!!!  I got super excited tonight when i dl'ed the emulators on there.  Hope to play some and catch up to @Reed Rothchild on his snes hours played lol.  Anyways, thanks for the suggestions.  I haven't played much since gamecube era on the nintendo side of things.  I look forward to pikmin 3 re release honestly!  Don't know if u have played pikmin before, but if not, look them up.  They were the highlight of my gamecube time 🙂  

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Really, really happy to see you've been having so much fun with it. If you're already having a good time with the games you already own, then Breath of the Wild is a must play for sure. I think you'd enjoy it quite a bit, and I'm not just saying that because it's my favorite game, haha. Super Mario Odyssey would be another one to try out, since I know you're a fan of the 3D Mario games, or at least SM64.

OMG ZELDAfreak........lol.  i might, but idk, i just can't get past the whole weapon destruction thing that i have heard about 😛  ❤️ 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

OMG

You me and @Reed Rothchild are like brothers lol......snes ftw!!!!!!  I got super excited tonight when i dl'ed the emulators on there.  Hope to play some and catch up to @Reed Rothchild on his snes hours played lol.  Anyways, thanks for the suggestions.  I haven't played much since gamecube era on the nintendo side of things.  I look forward to pikmin 3 re release honestly!  Don't know if u have played pikmin before, but if not, look them up.  They were the highlight of my gamecube time 🙂  

Yep love the pikmin games! I had a Wii u but actually never got around to playing the third so I was glad to hear it’s coming to the switch. 

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

OMG ZELDAfreak........lol.  i might, but idk, i just can't get past the whole weapon destruction thing that i have heard about 😛  ❤️ 

People overblew that to hell. The weapon breaking is only a problem in the first, like, quarter of the game. Beyond that, you have enough inventory space and enough mid to high end weapons that it's no longer an issue. And even if you disliked that mechanic, it's worth it to experience everything else the game has to offer. Don't let one potential issue hold you back from experiencing one of the finest games of this generation.

• Eyeroll 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Shmup said:

Yep love the pikmin games! I had a Wii u but actually never got around to playing the third so I was glad to hear it’s coming to the switch. 

I bought a wii, but honestly, i wasn't too impressed with it.  I used it mainly for buying old games on the vc.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

People overblew that to hell. The weapon breaking is only a problem in the first, like, quarter of the game. Beyond that, you have enough inventory space and enough mid to high end weapons that it's no longer an issue. And even if you disliked that mechanic, it's worth it to experience everything else the game has to offer. Don't let one potential issue hold you back from experiencing one of the finest games of this generation.

fine, after my small backlog, i MIGHT buy it

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

6 hours ago, Jeevan said:

OMG

You me and @Reed Rothchild are like brothers lol......snes ftw!!!!!!  I got super excited tonight when i dl'ed the emulators on there.  Hope to play some and catch up to @Reed Rothchild on his snes hours played lol.

The secret is to (re)play through Breath of Fire 2 because that fucker is taking forever

• Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, JVOSS said:

@Jeevan, see that is what i was asking. the thing is amaaazzzzzing...... and i just have 3 games.....  have to get the BotW game and the mario kart. 

Yes.  you buy games.  you play games.  friend me and join up if u have time!  Glad I got a buddy to experience this with lol.  It's like we are tourists coming to sights never seen!

• Like 2