Jump to content
IGNORED

Dark Mode Trophies Not Showing Up/Out of Date?


Skorp
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well guess this might be an actual bug. It's been like this a while for me for months not really thinking anything of it and seeing everyone's profile like this, but now I realize it once I got a trophy today there is an issue. It is only happening on dark mode for me. If I switch to the other theme, the trophies show up. Is this known?

 

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 10.46.52 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted

Frustratingly, the dark mode theme seems to have STILL not updated to version 4.5, which is required for it to work properly. 

To be frank, supporting two themes is tough; I have to make changes in both places, and since Dark Mode is based on a separate theme, I have to do double duty on it especially. 

I'm considering either finding a new dark theme template, or making my own from scratch (which would be no small undertaking).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Frustratingly, the dark mode theme seems to have STILL not updated to version 4.5, which is required for it to work properly. 

To be frank, supporting two themes is tough; I have to make changes in both places, and since Dark Mode is based on a separate theme, I have to do double duty on it especially. 

I'm considering either finding a new dark theme template, or making my own from scratch (which would be no small undertaking).

Well, for it's worth, they do seem to be working now

2a6748f8ce53226a5cbcccdde3616124.png

Transaction feedback is still missing though but, y'know, take it or leave it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gloves said:

Frustratingly, the dark mode theme seems to have STILL not updated to version 4.5, which is required for it to work properly. 

To be frank, supporting two themes is tough; I have to make changes in both places, and since Dark Mode is based on a separate theme, I have to do double duty on it especially. 

I'm considering either finding a new dark theme template, or making my own from scratch (which would be no small undertaking).

Its working now. Stop being so modest.

 

refresh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
Just now, fsped09 said:

Its working now. Stop being so modest.

 

refresh.png

I just went in and added a fix. 

I might be able to salvage this theme if I take ownership over it (i.e. separate it from the base from the marketplace). I may as well at this point, considering the amount of work I've had to do on it already anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Transactions should be showing now, too.

Not that I want to take away from anything, but maybe ask the people who do atari age.......not sure what they use, but it might be worth asking them, their dark mode seems to work nicely, although i haven't be on there in AGES........

But maybe ask and possibly collaborate with them on their dark mode?  Might be worth asking them what they use, or if there is only one thing to choose then just ignore me and tell me to STFU!

They may also, not be up to date on invision, idk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
33 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Not that I want to take away from anything, but maybe ask the people who do atari age.......not sure what they use, but it might be worth asking them, their dark mode seems to work nicely, although i haven't be on there in AGES........

But maybe ask and possibly collaborate with them on their dark mode?  Might be worth asking them what they use, or if there is only one thing to choose then just ignore me and tell me to STFU!

They may also, not be up to date on invision, idk

They use a different theme; you'll notice their dark theme is VERY different from their main theme. They bought the theme from https://www.ipsfocus.com/

I'd much prefer that we work toward parity between our light and dark themes. I've made a number of customizations to both and I think they look preeeetty similar. It's just that at this point it's legit a bit broken because of the last big update to invision. The original dark theme simply hasn't updated to 4.5 so it's not working 100% on the back end.

Anywho; I have a few potential solves, it's simply that I have been busy and it is a bit of work. I'll have to sit down and work on it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
21 minutes ago, Gloves said:

They use a different theme; you'll notice their dark theme is VERY different from their main theme. They bought the theme from https://www.ipsfocus.com/

I'd much prefer that we work toward parity between our light and dark themes. I've made a number of customizations to both and I think they look preeeetty similar. It's just that at this point it's legit a bit broken because of the last big update to invision. The original dark theme simply hasn't updated to 4.5 so it's not working 100% on the back end.

Anywho; I have a few potential solves, it's simply that I have been busy and it is a bit of work. I'll have to sit down and work on it.

Gloves, i have accepted my blind fate!!!!!!  Everytime I click over, i get blinded for at least 2 or 3 secs.  🤣  Whenever you get time good sir, whenever you get time.  Mobile still didnt have the burger of ham when i last checked!

Anyway..........do what you can, when you can

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted

To give you a general idea:

image.png

 

This section has a number of customizations that I have made myself. The little separator lines, the size of the icons, the "#### exp" being beside the "+####", and some other minor tweaks. This requires changing 5 files to make it all come together. I have to do that on both themes, but when colors etc. come into play, I have to be specific about it.

So you can imagine the amount of work just in that one little area, making it work and look nice on both themes. Just installing a theme won't work - the site will look completely differenton the new theme. I don't want to throw away the work I've done, nor do I want to just download a theme and say "sorry, no can do" to any future customizations. I want to be able to serve both equally. I just need to find the time to sit and get dark mode up to speed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...