IGNORED

What happened to Tomonobu Itagaki?

Alex Nguyen

For anyone who does not know who this man is, he is the one responsible for creating the Dead or Alive series and the Ninja Gaiden reboot series. Now his last game he made was Devil's Third, which was critically mixed and a commercial flop. After that, he was just never heard from again. Which is a shame because some of the stuff he makes is pretty good and would love to see him work on the remasters of his games. So I'm just wondering what he is up to nowadays. If anyone has an answer, please let me know. Thank you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Wherever he is, I'm going to guess he's wearing sunglasses and hating Tekken.

And being all-around kind of loony. Some of the stuff the dude has said is definitely off the wall. Maybe he just graduated from video games and became a yakuza boss already.

EDIT: Looks like he updated his status on facebook last November as "Sorry for long absent. See you soon!" as stated in this article.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/expect-to-see-more-from-tomonobu-itagaki-soon/

We might ask why it's been a year, but consider the past 12 months and it's easy to see why things might have been thrown off-track.

Edited by koifish
Added update article

Well there's a lot of workers in entertainment that simply have no upcoming project or any type of funding or they just fizzled out with time. What happened to any random musician or actor out there? Nothing really "happens" it's just a normal thing that you're relevancy is temporary whether it will return or not.

There's thousands of creative designers or programmers that at some point were involved in a game. Life went on in whatever directions just as with people in general, once you worked in a restaurant or played basketball and now you don't. There's nothing dramatic to it just mundande, regular life-shit.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 9:14 PM, cartman said:

Well there's a lot of workers in entertainment that simply have no upcoming project or any type of funding or they just fizzled out with time. What happened to any random musician or actor out there? Nothing really "happens" it's just a normal thing that you're relevancy is temporary whether it will return or not.

There's thousands of creative designers or programmers that at some point were involved in a game. Life went on in whatever directions just as with people in general, once you worked in a restaurant or played basketball and now you don't. There's nothing dramatic to it just mundande, regular life-shit.

Too bad, I like his works of art. In fact I think his works should be ported to newer platforms.