IGNORED

Help? Identifing this...

JVOSS

21 hours ago, RH said:

I keep out of the international stuff, mostly. But, for me to call it a variant, I'd have to see what's underneath. Is there a chance it's a Euro NFR and they put a security RFID under it because it might have been in a kiosk easy to pull the game from? Just a guess.

@JVOSS You have one of these?

I do Have one and it is in great shape the cart inside is

DMG-AKLP-0 with date of 9543

@Splain do you have the same?

Well maybe all of the FAH versions have that sticker.  If someone finds one for cheap (to be shipped from Europe) or luckly one in the states, if I have the cash I'll buy it and be the guy to take a hit for the team and try to carefully separate the two labels.

I'm pretty sure it's a security strip, because what else?  Maybe there was an odd batch that had some kind of QA label that the workers had no time to remove? Who knows.   This is wierd.

But, regarding variants, my master list is just for North America.  Again, feel free whomever to take my master data and use it for a larger list.  As much as I love GB collecting, at some point I have to draw a personal line.  That line is all US variants, the hybrid black carts (currently not interested in variants) and I'll pick up super-cheap OG Japanese carts from time to time.

Anything else, I tend to stay away from.  But, I do like finding and reading up on all of these little details.  I kind of really do want one of these now just to do the research.  Anyone seen any other games with the same sticker underneath?  Maybe it was a problematic batch of shells and, again, no one at the factory had the time to remove the stickers that were applied at the manufacturing facility for the plastic shells?  Wild guess.  I don't know?

Editorials Team · Posted

D3Xn53d.jpg

0qHYJeX.jpg

Exactly the same date. And mine's FAH as well. I don't have the heart to peel the label up. If we can find one that's in really poor condition, then we should totally peel one up and see what it is. Or, is there some way to test if it's a magnetic strip? Obviously stores have a way of detecting them, is there an in-home way of doing it?

Edit: Also interesting is that mine goes in the opposite diagonal than the one in @JVOSS's first pic.

Edited by Splain

27 minutes ago, Splain said:

is there an in-home way of doing it?

Not really unless you have the same setup.  mag strip (or rfid if it is) will only relate data that is/was given when programed. then can only be identified as it pass through a similar/matching detecting field.

the 2 we are looking at here are from the same date code, same "region", same production cycle "E", same rom and same screen print on pcb.

difference is the mapper,  @JVOSS has a 9508 @Splain has a 9501

Very interesting and bizarre. I mean, we all suspected it'd be a magnetic security strip, but why? Now I wonder if there are other games like this.

I guess this can definitely be counted as a variant, though I wonder if this is really a manufacturing error or defect?