IGNORED

Had packages stolen from me, what should I do?

Kimbolemonslice

I live in NYC and don't have a door man.  The front door sticks open sometimes when it gets cold.  Bought a $400 game from RareBucky and it was delivered but stolen as we had many thieves hit up or building throughout the years.  This was through PayPal, not eBay, and PayPal made it very clear that if the tracking says delivered then there is nothing I could do.  I had to eat the $400.  Curious to hear what eBay does with your case.  Please post an update when/if you get your refund.  Thanks.

11 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

If that's the truth then I don't know what to believe anymore in regards to this subject because I've had packages stolen from me three times in my life (luckily none of them collectibles) and all three times I've had the funds returned to me.

Possibly just ebay full-filling their 100% satisfaction guarantee.  They don't force the seller though due to their "mark delivered" policy.   Or you could have some nice sellers who don't automatically assume you are scamming them and kindly give you a refund.

If this policy wasn't in place eBay wouldn't last long as the scammers would take advantage of it and just claim everything wasn't received.

13 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

I live in NYC and don't have a door man.  The front door sticks open sometimes when it gets cold.  Bought a $400 game from RareBucky and it was delivered but stolen as we had many thieves hit up or building throughout the years.  This was through PayPal, not eBay, and PayPal made it very clear that if the tracking says delivered then there is nothing I could do.  I had to eat the $400.  Curious to hear what eBay does with your case.  Please post an update when/if you get your refund.  Thanks.

And you accept that? The landlord has an obligation to fix that door, that's an incredible safety violation, I would demand that be fixed immediately to avoid someone getting hurt. A number of years ago someone held our apartment door open for a guy coming behind them and this guy proceeded down to the parking garage where they broke into my car. When I confronted them in the driver seat, they attempted to stab me with a long screwdriver and I barely got out of there.

That person that held the door open got into a lot of trouble. 

7 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

And you accept that? The landlord has an obligation to fix that door, that's an incredible safety violation, I would demand that be fixed immediately to avoid someone getting hurt. A number of years ago someone held our apartment door open for a guy coming behind them and this guy proceeded down to the parking garage where they broke into my car. When I confronted them in the driver seat, they attempted to stab me with a long screwdriver and I barely got out of there.

That person that held the door open got into a lot of trouble. 

I do not accept this but my landlord doesn't give a shit.  This is one of many reasons I am moving out in the next week or so.

On 9/2/2020 at 4:00 PM, tbone3969 said:

Not going to get a refund my landlord couldn't do anything for me except "sorry". My insurance company said the $500 deductible is needed first 

• Sad 1