IGNORED

Thoughts on "Frankensteining" CIB Games?

dvertov

On 9/18/2020 at 8:43 AM, Tanooki said:

Probably a fine line between matching the right bits of paper, sticker and cart guts vs just throwing whatever sticks to the wall to appear complete (vs correctly complete.)

I just want to touch on this. I think people can be mislead on their perceptions on frankensteining. Games with obvious mismatches are frankensteining done “wrong”. When frankensteining done “right”, future buyers might just assume they are buying a legit copy, without having realised that the copy had been frankensteined.

So the act of mixing contents isn’t necessarily good/bad, but is mainly dependent on the outcome of the mixing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GPX said:

I just want to touch on this. I think people can be mislead on their perceptions on frankensteining. Games with obvious mismatches are frankensteining done “wrong”. When frankensteining done “right”, future buyers might just assume they are buying a legit copy, without having realised that the copy had been frankensteined.

ahhhh  what??  so your just misleading? so its all "wrong"

• 1 month later...

I piece cibs together all the livelong day.  It's gratifying, and I do it for myself.  I make sure the seals match and constantly reference the nes game contents faq to make sure they are all as proper as can be with the matching codes and such.  Everyone I talk to and who collects pretty heavily has zero issue with piecing together.  I've never even heard of anyone having qualm with this until reading this thread; kind of shocked actually that anyone would care that much.