IGNORED

thank you for the basketball cards

docile tapeworm

@DoctorEncore @TDIRunner

thank you guys! its funny you guys had very similar collections. the years were 94-98 ish. you both had that 95-96 skybox and tdi had some nice fleer metal.

i tried to keep what each of you had, that made it into top loaders seperate, to capture it for both of you.

thank you again! while these cards arent worth a fortune it would have cost me much more to add them to my collection. 

doctor you had two kobe rookies (one base and one insert). 

top pic is doc

second pic is tdi

7E5216AF-C692-40E8-B046-6BCCC46619DE.jpeg

813871A0-D2E1-4BB0-9AB2-A4C1E36A0E10.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

9 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm glad they went to a good home.  It was fun going through them one last time.  It brought back some good memories from those years.  

i might have got some of them mixed up between the two of your collections but i wanted you guys to see they did find a good home. thank you again. and if those pennys ever decide to go anywhere 🙂 

8 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@TDIRunner i meant to ask you. it seems like you had some dealer stuff like stuff sent special to card shop owners...

Do you mean the boxes?  I got most, if not all of that stuff for free from a card shop that was getting rid of it.  This was back when I was still collecting it.  

5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Do you mean the boxes?  I got most, if not all of that stuff for free from a card shop that was getting rid of it.  This was back when I was still collecting it.  

stuff like this...there were other items too i kept but cant get pics of or really recall at tye moment.

44A2BC83-A864-479E-9156-E260EDB743A5.jpeg

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

stuff like this...there were other items too i kept but cant get pics of or really recall at tye moment.

I don't really remember where that came from.  I might have come from the same place as the boxes.  I used to visit a small coin shop that sold cards and I got a lot of free stuff from them.  

• Like 1

Thanks for making this post. I'm really glad they found a good home. I'd been lugging those things around for way too long without any appreciation for them. I looked through them, reminisced, and felt content that I no longer wanted them. As Marie Kondo says, "Discard anything that doesn't spark joy."

Also, '94-98 would have had me at 10-14 years old which fits perfectly with my memory of collecting. I specifically remember summer to trips to Northern Michigan (or as we called it, "Up North") where I'd spend what little money I had on cards at a local shop. Gathering those cards was definitely a precursor to my videogame collecting habit. Like all good junkies, I just transitioned from one addiction to another.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Thanks for making this post. I'm really glad they found a good home. I'd been lugging those things around for way too long without any appreciation for them. I looked through them, reminisced, and felt content that I no longer wanted them. As Marie Kondo says, "Discard anything that doesn't spark joy."

Also, '94-98 would have had me at 10-14 years old which fits perfectly with my memory of collecting. I specifically remember summer to trips to Northern Michigan (or as we called it, "Up North") where I'd spend what little money I had on cards at a local shop. Gathering those cards was definitely a precursor to my videogame collecting habit. Like all good junkies, I just transitioned from one addiction to another.

i could tell by your collection you were a michiganer. lots of pistons stuff and grant hill you liked. oiston players like joe dumars you had too even second string guys and any rookies from michigan state you liked. my main man G$ aka glenn rice! thats my miami boy and i was like oh ya he got good ones cause he like michigan state!!!

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@DoctorEncore cant lie that kobie rookie..... lets just say... i was excited 😉 

Yeah, I saw both those when I thumbed through the collection and figured they could be diamonds in the rough with recent events, but I still felt they had to go. However, your joy at receiving them does bring me joy. Joy for all!

Also, Grant Hill was definitely my guy. Can't forget Joe Dumars and Lindsey Hunter and the rest of the dudes that no one outside of Michigan cared about. 🤣 I also loved Penny and Shaq. Maybe it's the Michigan-Florida connection (it seems like everyone in Michigan is related to someone in Florida, vacations in Florida, or owns property in Florida) or just the fact that they dominated at the time I really liked basketball.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2020 at 1:19 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Also, Grant Hill was definitely my guy.

Oh I know Grant Hill!  Grant Hill drinks Sprite! 😄 

And I think he did this one other thing waaaaaay back when I was in 5th grade (1992) but for obvious reasons I'd rather not talk about that. 😛 

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1