IGNORED

Poor Ebay Idiot

Homeboyks

Not sure where else to put this, so delete if not allowed.  I just ran across this sold listing on ebay and some poor guy paid 140 USD for this sad reseal.  Or am I missing something?  Mine has Y-Folds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Sealed-Shin-Megami-Tensei-IV-Nintendo-3DS-Fast-Free-Shipping-/184389949542?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Good lord, standard copies are selling for this kinda money? Just checked and LE copies are up for 170+, damn

Anyway, you are correct, US standard editions are y-fold sealed. So far, only the UK/Euro release of SMT Apocalypse has a shrinkwrap seal (sole exception being German release which is y-fold, but has that horrid USK label). Other 3DS releases like Devil Survivor or Persona Q released with y-fold seals for all regions.

Took them long enough XD

I preordered SMT4's day one limited edition because I was afraid it'd get ripped off the shelves and jump to insane prices almost immediately because it was an import exclusive game for an already kinda niche series.

You could pick up that L.E. release for years after the release though, cheaper than what I'd paid for it. 😛 I'm not surprised that the prices have jumped, but I'm surprised it took this long. I guess the series got traction again after the SMT3 remaster announcement?

Editorials Team · Posted
On 8/12/2020 at 6:04 PM, leonemesis said:

Good lord, standard copies are selling for this kinda money? Just checked and LE copies are up for 170+, damn

Anyway, you are correct, US standard editions are y-fold sealed. So far, only the UK/Euro release of SMT Apocalypse has a shrinkwrap seal (sole exception being German release which is y-fold, but has that horrid USK label). Other 3DS releases like Devil Survivor or Persona Q released with y-fold seals for all regions.

Screenshot_20200801-201032.png