IGNORED

Live near a Meijer (not Fred Meyer)?? Super cheap new games!

If anyone wants to get a crack at deeply clearanced new handheld 3ds and switch games (ps and xb too) get off your can and go to Meijer now.

With the land virus they’ve decided to cut down their gaming areas a good bit with shipments being shaky and then not a priority. A lot has been put on a clearance rack.

They already were dropped like 30% but now to clear them it’s another 50% off. And in some cases the original reduced price is wrong.

See below? Should have been $14, got them for $10 as they orange stickers were out of date too 😄  ($20 total instead of $80.)

It was on 3DS, Switch, PS4 and XB stuff, all modern sealed games.  Nintendo side I saw Fire Emblem, Sushi Striker, Civilization(was so overpriced even the cut wasn't enough), Metroid, Kirby, Yokai Watch 2, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls Remastered and others.  Didn't care to look at PS/XB stuff but they had a heap of it.

3dsclearance.jpg

• Like 1

Nice find.  The closest Meijer to me is about 90 minutes away.  It's located in my old hometown.  I remember when it opened, we didn't have a Super Wal-Mart yet, so the size of the store blew everyone away.  A few years later, when Wal-Mart upgraded our store to a Super, most people stopped going there.  I'm sort of surprised it's still open.  Unfortunately, I'm hardly ever up in that area anymore, so I don't have much chance of stopping in to check on video games.  

Edited by TDIRunner

1 minute ago, captmorgandrinker said:

They just built one near my work.   But with it being newly built, would it even have clearance stuff already?   It opened maybe a month ago tops.

I would check it out anyway.  You never know what might be on clearance.  Wal-Mart and Target have clearance games around  me all the time, and that's during "normal" times.  Target especially.  Back before COVID, when I worked near one, I made it a point to check their game section at least twice a month.  I remember years ago getting lots of new Vita games for less than $5 each.

So it's like random if they decide to run the clearance or that one was just overpriced bad choices?  It looked like a standard sign they'd use for company discounts, but maybe not the case?

I know of the image up there I got the last Metroid, second to last Kirby.

Meijer is a retail store much like Target, not national though but it's in the upper parts of the south and north throughout the midwest.  They're not quite like Target as Meijer leans more towards a solid large amount of groceries with the other stuff taking second, so kind of a mirror reverse image to Target in that way.

Whatever the case I just put it out there, so maybe it's worth a look if they're along your way to some place or close enough for the detour, mileage will vary much like a Target discount rack I would imagine.  I would have loved to grab Civilization 6 for Switch but at 1/2 off of the sticker (dropping it to $24) when you can buy it new anywhere else now for $20 sometimes even $15 with sales I'm not surprised it's still there.  I suppose it could be a miss mark considering what I did pay on the two I did get.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

So it's like random if they decide to run the clearance or that one was just overpriced bad choices?  It looked like a standard sign they'd use for company discounts, but maybe not the case?

I'm guessing store by store basis.  When I used to stop by my local Target on a regular basis, every once and a while you would find a boat load of clearance games like they were getting ready to bring in a bunch of new stock.  When this would happen, I would visit the other nearby Targets to see if they were doing the same.  Nearly every time you would find that each store put different games on clearance, and if they did pick the same game, the clearance price was almost always different between stores.  Oddly enough, one store always seemed to lower their prices more than the others, so that was always the one I would check first.    

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I know of the image up there I got the last Metroid, second to last Kirby.

Meijer is a retail store much like Target, not national though but it's in the upper parts of the south and north throughout the midwest.  They're not quite like Target as Meijer leans more towards a solid large amount of groceries with the other stuff taking second, so kind of a mirror reverse image to Target in that way.

Whatever the case I just put it out there, so maybe it's worth a look if they're along your way to some place or close enough for the detour, mileage will vary much like a Target discount rack I would imagine.  I would have loved to grab Civilization 6 for Switch but at 1/2 off of the sticker (dropping it to $24) when you can buy it new anywhere else now for $20 sometimes even $15 with sales I'm not surprised it's still there.  I suppose it could be a miss mark considering what I did pay on the two I did get.

Oh absolutely understand. Clearance deals are always YMMV and to be clear, the games they had were on clearance, it’s just those games are already dirt cheap online so it really comes down to what selection they had and this particular store only had a couple titles which happened to be ones that have been clearanced at other retailers and online liquidators.

Edited by DeuceGamer