Jump to content
IGNORED

Wilford Brimley, the Instant Quaker Oatmeal/Liberty Medical/diabetus guy passed away (1934-2020)


Estil

Recommended Posts

MemberPosted

A while back I had gotten my hands on a VHS聽of EWOKS: The battle for Endor. 聽I was wondering if I'd enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid. 聽I remember it being on tv and then trying to find a tape, but there were never any tapes in the stores. 聽After a few years of looking I'd given up. 聽I don't know a whole lot about Mr. Brimley, but he WAS聽in Star Wars so if anyone has felt a tremor in the force recently this could be why. 聽After lending聽the tape to a friend for a week or so I asked him what he thought of it and he gave it a solid "meh." + "It wasn't that much fun watching Wilford Brimley complain for an hour and a half. ;9聽Anyway that's my two Pesos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MemberPosted

I'm a bit sad to hear, but I must admit I've been "Mandela Affected"聽 on this one.聽 I thought he past away about 15 years or so ago. 馃槙聽 Dang, it always makes me feel bad when that happens.聽 Last time I thought for certain someone was dead, when they weren't, was Mr. T around 2005.

I'd forgotten he was in the Ewok movie.聽 I haven't seen that since probably when it aired.聽 I've always wanted to see that, and The Battle for Endor, again.聽 I don't care how bad they are, those are two films that deserve to be on Disney+.聽 If they can air old Davey Crockett movies from The Wonderful World of Color, then they can pull then "bad" film out of the archives.聽 We all know that it will be better than the prequel trilogies聽anyway, and it'd be a good way to remember this actor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AdministratorPosted
19 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm a bit sad to hear, but I must admit I've been "Mandela Affected"聽 on this one.聽 I thought he past away about 15 years or so ago. 馃槙聽 Dang, it always makes me feel bad when that happens.聽 Last time I thought for certain someone was dead, when they weren't, was Mr. T around 2005.

It probably doesn't help that he was only in his early 50s when he was playing those old man roles in the 80s like Cocoon and Our House.

And Mr. T did have some type of life threatening condition around then.聽 聽No idea how he pulled out of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RH said:

I'd forgotten he was in the Ewok movie.聽 I haven't seen that since probably when it aired.聽 I've always wanted to see that, and The Battle for Endor, again.聽 I don't care how bad they are, those are two films that deserve to be on Disney+.聽

I must have paid to rent them on Amazon Prime Video, or something, because I know I've rewatched both of them with the kids in the last couple of years.

For their target audience, they really aren't that bad, and there is some interesting character and set design overlap with other non-star-wars stuff (seeing how the castle overlaps with Nockmar in Willow, for instance)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MemberPosted
6 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

It probably doesn't help that he was only in his early 50s when he was playing those old man roles in the 80s like Cocoon and Our House.

And Mr. T did have some type of life threatening condition around then.聽 聽No idea how he pulled out of it.

Because he was determined to find out whose聽tow truck drove his van off the side of the road and broke his real axle!聽 Nobody messes with his ride! 馃槃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

  • Create New...