IGNORED

Playchoice-10

a3quit4s

Spotted this for sale for $1750. I’d really like to have one because it is a neat piece of history. It’s the single monitor version and, I don’t know, something about the cabinet itself looks off. All the images I find have side graphics and seem to be fatter. If the cabinet is aftermarket I’m sure that affects value. So experts, is she legit and is that a fair price?

A60AC8B6-2DE8-4649-A62F-C9862C0EEB1B.png

That cabinet looks like an abomination. IMO you're buying the PCBs, monitor, control panel, and a huge project if you want an original. The price seems crazy to me but I'm way out of date on that. I'll take any original or restored cabinet over any conversion or garage job like this.

You sure wouldn't pay top dollar for a Simpsons that looked like this!

spacer.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

That cabinet looks like an abomination. IMO you're buying the PCBs, monitor, control panel, and a huge project if you want an original. The price seems crazy to me but I'm way out of date on that. I'll take any original or restored cabinet over any conversion or garage job like this.

You sure wouldn't pay top dollar for a Simpsons that looked like this!

spacer.png

The cab isn’t as bad as that Simpson’s cabinet haha. I shot an email to the owner to see if he can find the metal Nintendo tag with the serial number even before Jonebone had posted. I’m sure he won’t find it since I had a feeling and you both confirmed the cabinet is aftermarket. I surely won’t be paying $1750, maybe half or less. I’m not too concerned about having an original and the price tag that would come with it, more just something cool to add to the game room

1 hour ago, Penguin said:

Yeah price is wayyy too high.  I could see paying $800 for a decent dual monitor with some games.  I had a single monitor a while back and I had picked it up for $300 if I remember correctly.

Yeah I was thinking maybe somewhere between $500-$700 in todays money and Nintendo market. He probably won’t go that low but that’s alright

That cabinet is dead wrong, almost looks like it had a former life as a NeoGeo conversion cabinet looking at the way it is molded.  And that in itself is disgusting killing it for a PC-10 which looks nothing near that.  Totally overpriced, would have to be an immaculate original unit with a choice selection of PCBs in there to crank that value up.

• 1 year later...

That is a custom cabinet, no friggin way that is a Sanyo EZ-20 Monitor in that thin cabinet, and willing to bet that's a printed translite Marquee and CPO to boot! 

There was a Single Monitor Conversion kit manufactured for use with the Mario Bros. Dual Player cabs, but those are rare as all get out an really not worth the money. the value of a PlayersChoice 10 & Nintendo Cabs in general is all around the Authentic of the Hardware and it's completion. 

Almost $2k for that is a rip off, I wouldn't pay more than $500 for that as the only thing I would want out of it is the hardware (If it is actually the Nintendo Unisystem Board), If you have $2k to burn hold out for the Dual Monitor Cab, as long as it's in decent condition and working, I think you will be much happier with a bit of patience.