IGNORED

How to get a $5 eShop gift card with your $5 GameStop monthly pro rewards coupon

Makar

Edit: I have solved the question of how do you get a $5 eShop gift card from GameStop with your $5 coupon pro rewards coupon each month. 

The answer: you have to go in person and order a digital $5 eShop gift card in person. Super backwards I know. You cannot apply your coupon on their website for a digital $5 eShop gift card. My GameStop also didn't have a physical $5 eShop gift card in person. The cheapest they had was a $10 one. But they were able to use my coupon in store to get me a digital $5 eShop gift card. 

Below was my original thread:

Finally remembered my email and password to my GameStop account. I want to buy a $5 eShop gift card with the free $5 coupon you get each month for being a pro member. I've found it under active offers, but I can't figure out how to apply it to the $5 eShop digital gift card. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Makar

22 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

You should just see the code if you expand out the offer you don’t need to redeem anything besides having the code to apply to your cart. I’m on mobile but if I hit the + there is a code right there. 

CC58B4A0-104A-4242-B1E0-C708ED0F42A3.png

I've done that but when I go to check out it asks for my credit card and still says it's $5. Where do I apply this code? When I try to enter it as a promo code is says code not applied

Edited by Makar

I’m fairly certain whatever you are buying still needs to charge you money so you can’t use it for a $5 item but I could be very wrong

edit: I got the same “not applied”  message when tryin to purchase the $5 estore card. I couldn’t use it on the $10 eshop card either so it’s probably a restricted item from the $5 monthly credit. 

Edited by a3quit4s

21 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m fairly certain whatever you are buying still needs to charge you money so you can’t use it for a $5 item but I could be very wrong

edit: I got the same “not applied”  message when tryin to purchase the $5 estore card. I couldn’t use it on the $10 eshop card either so it’s probably a restricted item from the $5 monthly credit. 

Well that sucks. I wonder if you could buy a physical one and pick it up?

6 minutes ago, Makar said:

Well that sucks. I wonder if you could buy a physical one and pick it up?

If GameStop offers a digital download on what you want to buy from the eshop try adding that to the cart and using your coupon?

Edit: browsing the site while logged this disclaimers comes up on most games but not all keyword down below is physical I guess

Pro members get $5 off a single physical item valued $4.99 or more. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Edited by a3quit4s

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

If GameStop offers a digital download on what you want to buy from the eshop try adding that to the cart and using your coupon?

Edit: browsing the site while logged this disclaimers comes up on most games but not all keyword down below is physical I guess

Pro members get $5 off a single physical item valued $4.99 or more. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Well that's really dumb. Can't even go inside the store right now. And it's $5 off new stuff right? I buy all my games from GameStop pre-owned

19 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

It was showing up for used stuff too

Trying to be good right now and not buy more games. Every DS, GameCube, Wii, PSP, or GBA game I'd want to buy pre-owned is apparently sold out anyways. I was just trying to get some free $5 eShop credit since a GameStop employee told me back in February you could do that.

1 hour ago, Makar said:

So how can I do that now if I can't go into the store...

That detective is the right question...

i think the main advice they gave on the reddit was to call support and have them give you the reward points to be used at a different time. Not totally sure though. Honestly you should try asking their reddit info may have changed on it

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

That detective is the right question...

i think the main advice they gave on the reddit was to call support and have them give you the reward points to be used at a different time. Not totally sure though. Honestly you should try asking their reddit info may have changed on it

Just called my local GameStop. Looks like they're letting 5 customers in at a time so I'll have to try tomorrow to get my $5 eShop credit at the store. So dumb that you can't just buy it online. 

Next step is seeing if they'll honor the past 4 months of missed coupons for not being able to go to the store and their help desk not helping fix my password online. 

13 hours ago, Makar said:

Just called my local GameStop. Looks like they're letting 5 customers in at a time so I'll have to try tomorrow to get my $5 eShop credit at the store. So dumb that you can't just buy it online. 

Next step is seeing if they'll honor the past 4 months of missed coupons for not being able to go to the store and their help desk not helping fix my password online. 

I wish you luck on getting the older one back. They would give you 5000 points on your account for each one during the months they were closed but I don't know how they'll handle that many going that far back

7 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I wish you luck on getting the older one back. They would give you 5000 points on your account for each one during the months they were closed but I don't know how they'll handle that many going that far back

4 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

Hopefully they honor the old ones for you. I can't be the only who didn't bother shopping at gamestop online during the shutdowns.  I'm looking forward to my store opening. I have a few preorders to cancel.

Thought I'd update you guys. Mission success. I went in store. They did not have any $5 eShop cards on the wall. But the lady was able to use my $5 coupon for one of the digital $5 eShop giftcards. Why I can't do the same thing from the comfort of my home is beyond me but it worked. She said I'd have to talk to corporate to get the other coupons back though so we'll see what happens. I already emailed support but no response yet. I'll keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Makar said:

Thought I'd update you guys. Mission success. I went in store. They did not have any $5 eShop cards on the wall. But the lady was able to use my $5 coupon for one of the digital $5 eShop giftcards. Why I can't do the same thing from the comfort of my home is beyond me but it worked. She said I'd have to talk to corporate to get the other coupons back though so we'll see what happens. I already emailed support but no response yet. I'll keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

I only say this as it seems to be the consensus from the workers, but don't expect an email back. They basically don't ever respond to it from my understanding they always recommend calling.

I don't want to seem like I'm being so negative on everything your trying. Just relaying info I've read many times from the workers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I only say this as it seems to be the consensus from the workers, but don't expect an email back. They basically don't ever respond to it from my understanding they always recommend calling.

I don't want to seem like I'm being so negative on everything your trying. Just relaying info I've read many times from the workers.

I've heard similar experiences from others who emailed.  I would call myself but last time it was an hour wait at least.  I have about $100 worth of preorders they failed to give us I want to cancel. Just waiting for my store to open since corporate hasn't worked out so far.

Hoping we have better luck with this situation.  GameStop has to be hurting after the lockdown. You think they would do anything for the customer right now.

13 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Oh no don't worry you're not being negative and I kinda figured as much. I don't have as much free time right now as I did even a week ago, so that's why I emailed them. But I'll call tomorrow if I have some free time. 

13 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

I've heard similar experiences from others who emailed.  I would call myself but last time it was an hour wait at least.  I have about $100 worth of preorders they failed to give us I want to cancel. Just waiting for my store to open since corporate hasn't worked out so far.

Hoping we have better luck with this situation.  GameStop has to be hurting after the lockdown. You think they would do anything for the customer right now.

This is gamestop's last hurrah. Once the PS5 and new Xbox craze dies down, they're toast. They're hanging on by a thread as it is.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Makar said:

This is gamestop's last hurrah. Once the PS5 and new Xbox craze dies down, they're toast. They're hanging on by a thread as it is.

I think you are right about that.  Despite our interest on this site I think next gen will be all digital for a ton of people.  GameStop will take in a ton of trade of this gen but not see the sales to follow.  I am slowing my preorders with them for fear of not getting my money if they file bankruptcy.

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Makar said:

Oh no don't worry you're not being negative and I kinda figured as much. I don't have as much free time right now as I did even a week ago, so that's why I emailed them. But I'll call tomorrow if I have some free time. 

Yeah, don't ever bother emailing them.  You'll get an automated response a few days later and then nothing.

If you want something done you need to call or go into a store.