IGNORED

GVN Value Discrepancy - Main Site Vs. Collection Tracker

Forgive me if this has been brought up before but I didn't see anything specifically mentioning this issue.  Has anyone else noticed the huge price discrepancies when looking at games in the collection tracker vs. just looking the same game up on the site?  I've noticed a ton of the games are not valued the same, and I was wondering if anyone knows if this is just another example of GVN slowly dying, or if there's a reason, or what?  I have both the site and the tracker set on Canadian funds, but I've tested with both in USD as well and same issue.

I included a few screenshots to show the difference, but it doesn't seem to be across the board.  I looked up Aero Fighters as well, and even though the value is at almost 2200 CAD for a CIB, the difference was only about 8 dollars between the main site and the collection tracker, so not everything is that far apart, but a lot are.

Cannon Spike In Collection.PNG

Cannon Spike On Main Site.PNG

Tron Bonne In Collection.PNG

Tron Bonne On Main Site.PNG

I've mentioned this before in another thread related to GVN and one of the devs ( @Magus) mentioned he'd look into it. It's still not resolved for me either. At first I just assumed the values were updated maybe weekly, but that still doesn't seem to be accurate.

It's hard to tell how databases are designed but I'm a little surprised that the values for each item in a collection is always independent of the value on the main site. I know you can manually set a personal value, but that should only be applied if it's set.

I’ve noticed the same thing.  Lot of things the price difference is really significant.  If you look at Suikoden II the main site has it valued at like 50% more than the tracker.  I’d noticed there was a difference before but with a much smaller discrepancy.  With the recent spike in prices It makes me wonder if the collection tracker just has a significant delay in price updates from where they are on the main site?

1 hour ago, RH said:

I've mentioned this before in another thread related to GVN and one of the devs ( @Magus) mentioned he'd look into it. It's still not resolved for me either. At first I just assumed the values were updated maybe weekly, but that still doesn't seem to be accurate.

It's hard to tell how databases are designed but I'm a little surprised that the values for each item in a collection is always independent of the value on the main site. I know you can manually set a personal value, but that should only be applied if it's set.

I was thinking it would be super odd design if the main site pulled from one DB and the collection site pulled from another DB. If they sync only so often its possible that sync mechanism is broken and no one even knows.

6 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I was thinking it would be super odd design if the main site pulled from one DB and the collection site pulled from another DB. If they sync only so often its possible that sync mechanism is broken and no one even knows.

No issues with Hoagie (the guy who started the site) but IIRC, this was the first real project he'd ever worked on. He knew he did a lot "wrong". As a seasoned dev though, I was quite impressed with his results. But, I think this artifact might just be due to a lack of his DBA experience.

Sure would be nice to get it fixed, if that's possible. I know it's a free service but it's definitely a nice feature to see accurate numbers for when you are wanting to trade.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, RH said:

No issues with Hoagie (the guy who started the site) but IIRC, this was the first real project he'd ever worked in. He knew he did slot "wrong". A seasoned dev though, I was quite impressed with his results. But, I think this artifact might just be due to a lack of his DBA experience.

Sure would be nice to get it fixed, if that's possible. I know it's a free service but it's definitely a nice feature to see accurate numbers for when you are wanting to trade.

This is on the list of tasks to be fixed when the official new site rolls out. If you guys look on the site, there is a BETA tab now, and you can get an idea of what the new site will look like. 

But yes, i have passed this down the line when you had mentioned it before, unfortunately getting the main site up has been the priority right now. As soon as that is worked on, we are trying to get much better accuracy for the collection tracker. I don't have a date or anything, but it's a well documented issue and will be fixed. 

Switch is also being added as we speak letter by letter to get caught up. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Magus said:

@RH @a3quit4s @Homeboyks I just wanted to give you guys an update. This should be fixed now. Please check your collections and let me know if you see any issues and that they did in fact update.

It should be updated on a daily basis at this point or very close to it. 

Thanks, 

Thanks @Magus, but when I go to sign in, I'm getting 504 Errors from the server.  

@Magus I’ll take a look at what I sent you and see if the sales are there. It’s also taking forever after you search for a game to actually get to the sales info page for it. From the results page to the game specific page

Edit: best offered Wild Guns loose yesterday that isn’t showing, $190:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133422685316

best offered Gun-Nac complete yesterday that isn’t showing, $395:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153692308768

Edited by a3quit4s

@Magus Let me know if there's a better/quicker way to report these errors.  I can log in now.  I see the summarized numbers for my collection and it does appear to be better.  However, when I went to view a specific collection, and next my entire collection, I got the following error message.  My collection ID is 137 if they want to take a look at my specific data.

1165412332_ScreenShot2020-06-11at3_16_12PM.png.4819a37b6611fbbdcce812b215c6461b.png

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

@Magus I’ll take a look at what I sent you and see if the sales are there. It’s also taking forever after you search for a game to actually get to the sales info page for it. From the results page to the game specific page

Edit: best offered Wild Guns loose yesterday that isn’t showing, $190:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133422685316

best offered Gun-Nac complete yesterday that isn’t showing, $395:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153692308768

The BO issue is still being worked on. I am only talking about the collection tracker in this post when i made the update. 

But that also is being worked on. I'll let you know. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RH said:

@Magus Let me know if there's a better/quicker way to report these errors.  I can log in now.  I see the summarized numbers for my collection and it does appear to be better.  However, when I went to view a specific collection, and next my entire collection, I got the following error message.  My collection ID is 137 if they want to take a look at my specific data.

1165412332_ScreenShot2020-06-11at3_16_12PM.png.4819a37b6611fbbdcce812b215c6461b.png

You can report them here, i get emails if you tag me. 

This screenshot is helpful, hopefully it can narrow down what is going on. I'll update here again as soon as it is fixed. There were no issues on our end when it was tested this morning, but obviously something is not right. 

Thanks. 

@Magus  Just confirming the 504 error.  Also can't get in.  It also seems to be months behind in gathering data.  I'm using Top Angler for gamecube as an example.  Last sale it lists was on April 23rd, but there have been quite a few sold since then that are not reflected on the site.

Edited by Homeboyks

42 minutes ago, Homeboyks said:

@Magus  Just confirming the 504 error.  Also can't get in.  It also seems to be months behind in gathering data.  I'm using Top Angler for gamecube as an example.  Last sale it lists was on April 23rd, but there have been quite a few sold since then that are not reflected on the site.

Thanks. 

Yeah that is one of the main issues we are seeing from the crossover is some titles have decided to stop pulling in data. This is on the list of things to be solved with the collection tracker taking so long to update. April seem to be a common month where certain games stopped pulling in data, so i imagine there is something around there that must have changed. 

If you guys happen to come across any games that you notice no recent data, please drop a post here. The more games i can forward to the devs, the more they have to work with to find out any common issues that could be causing the issue. Hopefully we can get these issues figured out soon, they are at the top of the list. 

58 minutes ago, Magus said:

Thanks. 

Yeah that is one of the main issues we are seeing from the crossover is some titles have decided to stop pulling in data. This is on the list of things to be solved with the collection tracker taking so long to update. April seem to be a common month where certain games stopped pulling in data, so i imagine there is something around there that must have changed. 

If you guys happen to come across any games that you notice no recent data, please drop a post here. The more games i can forward to the devs, the more they have to work with to find out any common issues that could be causing the issue. Hopefully we can get these issues figured out soon, they are at the top of the list. 

James Bond Jr. for NES hasn’t pulled new data since February 

Gun+Nac hasn’t been pulled since March and searching for this game is broken

T & C Surf Design Thrillas Surfari hasn’t pulled since march

Gargoyles Quest II hasn’t updated since march

Getting to a specific game page is still omg slow

Edited by a3quit4s

Yea, there are a couple threads. When I posted this it wasn’t on the front page and since there was new activity I thought it would be best to ask those who were discussing issues between the Collection Tracker if they were even able to access it now.

Magus did respond to my post on the other thread and confirm they are working on fixing it as well as updating the Switch database again.

19 hours ago, DeuceGamer said:

Yea, there are a couple threads. When I posted this it wasn’t on the front page and since there was new activity I thought it would be best to ask those who were discussing issues between the Collection Tracker if they were even able to access it now.

Magus did respond to my post on the other thread and confirm they are working on fixing it as well as updating the Switch database again.

Collection tracker is back up for me.  Give it a shot.

@Magus I was able to log in to the collection tracker and my collection value jumped by like 23k so it looks like values have certainly started updating.  Tried to sort by value from high to low using the value button and got this error.  Not sure if it's been reported yet.  This was using Chrome for browser.  It works fine when sorting from low to high, but then hitting the button again is when the error pops up.

Error.PNG

Edited by Homeboyks