IGNORED

Has anyone ordered games from China since the pandemic?

Andykin Skysk8r

I got a package from China and was surprised how quickly it came. Didnt realize it was from there when I ordered. 

Edit: that was 1 month plus back. I assumed it was so fast since international orders had to be down at the time. I dont know how concerned people are with mail anymore though now. Consensus seems to be virus wouldnt survive long enough on a package to affect the recipient

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

In regards to my game purchases... Technically yes. My first sealed game (Final Fantasy VII Remake) is the only one that was shipped from Japan. Every game since that one have all been shipped from Hong Kong. And since I use DHL and FedEx everything tends to arrive between 2-3 days.

18 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I dont know how concerned people are with mail anymore though now. Consensus seems to be virus wouldnt survive long enough on a package to affect the recipient

This doesn’t make sense to me. No, if the source is the origin point, then the virus will not live long enough to get to you. But if the source is a package worker in your town then it could. The virus can live for up to 24 hours on cardboard. Not a very long time, much less than the incubation period in a carrier, but not reason to dispose of all caution. IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Link said:

This doesn’t make sense to me. No, if the source is the origin point, then the virus will not live long enough to get to you. But if the source is a package worker in your town then it could. The virus can live for up to 24 hours on cardboard. Not a very long time, much less than the incubation period in a carrier, but not reason to dispose of all caution. IMO

That's all exactly right. I assumed the reason for concern was based on thr sender. Cant really avoid my local post office crew though. They are delivering my toilet paper, paper towel, etc. and everything else I need via Amazon because that's a safer option than going into a Walmart. But yes, you are correct there is still that risk. 

It's been hit and miss for me.  I haven't ordered games but I've ordered some collectibles, books, and DVD's.  Some stuff has gotten to me surprisingly fast while other stuff just seems to still be sitting in China and other stuff is sitting in New York.  One item has already spend one month sitting in New York.