IGNORED

Arcade amusement centers from movies and tv shows

Hi all, 

I was recently searching arcade amusement centres as potential future man cave inspiration, including a feature display sign. 

Just wondering if anyone knows the names of fictional arcade amusement centres from movies and tv shows? There's resources on the internet about arcade games in movies, but none about the names of the fictional arcade amusement centers they were within. 

Please state the arcade amusement name and the movie / tv show and I'll compile a list. 

Thanks! 

---------------------------------------------

Arcade amusement name - Movie / TV show
20 grand palace - Wargames
Captain Blip's Zapateria - The Simpson's, Ep 381
Close Encounter - Robotech
Flynn's - Tron / Tron Legacy
Litwak's Family Fun Centre and Arcade - Wreck it Ralph
The Palace - Stranger Things

Edited by GreenKoopa

5 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Stranger Things - The Palace

Stranger_Things_arcade.jpg

Thanks for that. After a quick google, supposedly the arcade name is a tribute to the 1983 movie Wargames, that has an arcade named "20 grand palace". 

And, the arcade is still in operation today but known as Grinkers Grand Palace:

https://www.grinkers.com/default.aspx

Edited by GreenKoopa
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 11strings said:

My gameroom is set up like an old arcade.

arcade.jpg

The only thing that setup is missing is that fugly "party" carpet.  I think whoever first made it still makes it for places like skating rinks.  Let me see if I can find a sample of it. I know the local skating rink here, where my kids friends have parties has it.

EDIT

Yeah, that only took a second to find.

e2c33a0682012a6147c8f0d6199a850d.jpg

Edited by RH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
53 minutes ago, GreenKoopa said:

Thanks for bringing this one up. Is Galleria the name of the shopping mall or the arcade? IRL, one of the shipping malls they used in T2 had galleria in the name. 

Right.  They are referring to the Sherman Oaks Galleria Mall.  No mention of the actual name of the Arcade.  

1 hour ago, RH said:

The only thing that setup is missing is that fugly "party" carpet.  I think whoever first made it still makes it for places like skating rinks.  Let me see if I can find a sample of it. I know the local skating rink here, where my kids friends have parties has it.

EDIT

Yeah, that only took a second to find.

e2c33a0682012a6147c8f0d6199a850d.jpg

That fugly party carpet didn't show up until the 90s.  My arcade games are from 1980-1983 so the low pile carpet and thick stripes are more indicative of the early 80s.

The couch, rug, Switch games and TV are new additions to make it more of a family room but I'm first to admit it ruined the classic arcade feel the space use to have lol

2 hours ago, GreenKoopa said:

Thanks for that. After a quick google, supposedly the arcade name is a tribute to the 1983 movie Wargames, that has an arcade named "20 grand palace". 

And, the arcade is still in operation today but known as Grinkers Grand Palace:

https://www.grinkers.com/default.aspx

That's pretty cool. The Arcade Outsiders podcast (RIP) talked about Grinkers a lot, I didn't know it was in Wargames and still around.

• Thanks 1