IGNORED

Games for unidentified machines

I originally had this thread on Nintendo Age, decided I would start it again here, as I was cleaning out and rediscovered one of the items in question.

I found this cartridge of Mission: Impossible, no idea what machine it's for, or even if it's a game, or rather a movie or something.

The cartridge has pins, 50 pins. Although I'm not sure I can safely open it up, looking through the cracks it appears there's a single chip placed onto an IC holder. Not sure the size of the chip.

Anyone able to identify this? Anyone else got carts for unknown hardware? I've always found it fun trying to pair up obscure carts and hardware together.

IMG20200105112839.jpg

IMG20200105112849.jpg

IMG20200105112856.jpg

IMG20200105112903.jpg

40 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Looks to me like a Sega Mark III cartridge, but I could absolutely be wrong about that.

I agree with you that it looks like a Mark III cart, but those are 44 pins. The OP mentioned (and showed in the provided pic) 50... 

The SMS has 50 pins, so that is more likely. Aren't boots such fun!!

Edited by dewisp02

I think I responded to your NA thread.  I have a similar cart for the movie "Species", which AFAIK had no game-related releases, so I always assumed this was for some sort of cart based movie player rather than a game system.  I wonder if someone could translate the logographs on the label?  Maybe it says 'for use on the ???? system'?

1 hour ago, nrslam said:

I think I responded to your NA thread.  I have a similar cart for the movie "Species", which AFAIK had no game-related releases, so I always assumed this was for some sort of cart based movie player rather than a game system.  I wonder if someone could translate the logographs on the label?  Maybe it says 'for use on the ???? system'?

Might also be a hack of another game to include the movie's branding.