IGNORED

Got some Switch Gold coins burning a hole in my pocket need game suggestions

LeatherRebel5150

I have about $23 in gold coins burning a hole in my pocket that I've finally decided to use up and am looking for some game suggestions to spend it on. To make this like a little game in itself here are the rules:

1. Must not be currently available physically in North America (ESRB rated) or be announced to be coming physically.

2. Must not cost more than the gold coins I have available. I don't want to be spending any money on this since I consider digital games "disposable" entertainment.

I'm craving a good tower defense game, though I'm open to any suggestions. Let's see what you guys come up with!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Double Dragon IV - continuation of the series with NES sprite style graphics
  • The Bug Butcher - like Super Buster Bros. or Super Pang, quite an addictive 1 or 2 player game
  • Bloo Kid 2 - I haven't played it yet but I plan on buying it based on the advertisement. It looks like Battle Kid or Little Samson.
Edited by Code Monkey

7 minutes ago, RH said:

Side comment--can't you buy physical games with those coins and have them shipped?  I seem to recall that I had about $7-8 bucks worth and used them to pre-order/order a physical copy of something.

First I heard of that one but would be sort of nice though but I think its just for digital games only, dlc, and maybe some season passes. 

Just now, MuNKeY said:

First I heard of that one but would be sort of nice though but I think its just for digital games only, dlc, and maybe some season passes. 

Now that I think about it, I think I was looking for a way to pre-order Collection of Mana.  They had it and when I went to check out my cart, there was an option to apply gold coins for a discount.  I think I bailed, though, because even though I selected wanting a physical copy, I sure didn't want to select "use coins", miss a notification, and then paid full price for DLC. Yuck.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:53 PM, Code Monkey said:
  • Double Dragon IV - continuation of the series with NES sprite style graphics
  • The Bug Butcher - like Super Buster Bros. or Super Pang, quite an addictive 1 or 2 player game
  • Bloo Kid 2 - I haven't played it yet but I plan on buying it based on the advertisement. It looks like Battle Kid or Little Samson.

I'm digging Bloo Kid 2, might check that out.

21 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Mother Russia Bleeds. $14 amd a lot of beat em up fun.

Not a bad suggestion, but not my taste in art style.

20 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's a bit more expensive at $30, but it's a unique game, turn based D&D/tsr style title.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-warlock-of-firetop-mountain-goblin-scourge-edition-switch/

Really interesting looking but it breaks rule 2!!! if I don't decide on anything and keep accumulating coins I might get to it, thanks for the suggestion.

11 hours ago, fox said:

some good tower defense games you should look up:

Hellwarders

Dungeon Warfare

Defense Grid 2

Rock of Ages series

Will check these out

Fair enough I don't have $30 in coins either, and for me I find digital only peeking over $15 beyond my tolerances except in extreme rare cases which is why I don't have it either.  At $30 that should be optionally on physical media.

It's $10 less, fairly certain it wasn't physical, but Torchlight II is solid.  The makers of that and it's prequel are made up of the key crew designers of Diablo1 and 2 that quit Blizzard years ago before D3 arrived so you can kind of guess if you'd care about that one or not being a fan (or not) of the old titles.

Edited by Tanooki