IGNORED

Shipping from U.S. to Europe

tordur

Hi,

I've ordered a Super CD-ROM2 from an American (Indiana), and he's having trouble finding decent shipping prices for sending it to me (in Denmark). I've been quoted International First Class at $61 as the cheapest possible. 

I find it quite strange, that I can't find any cheaper option, since I could ship the same package the other way around for less than $20, by air, and that's from a country where services in general are a LOT more expensive than in the U.S. 

The package is 3 lb and 12 oz.

I'm sure there are some people here who regularly ship internationally, so I was hoping someone could give me some advice 🙂 

Thanks

UPS, USPS, and FedEx rates have been getting terribly high in recent years. Even shipping to Canada is expensive any more, even flat rate a box your size within the U.S. would be around $20.

I shipped a few 64 games(cart only) last summer to a fellow NAer in a small package just slightly bigger than the carts to Taiwan. The cheapest rates I found were with USPS and it was still around $30. Shipping cost in the U.S. are just expensive. 

Edited by themisfit138
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Secret Santa said:

Priority (not flat rate) is $57.90, while First Class is indeed $61.

That's as good as you'll get using USPS; not sure if other carriers may be better.

Geez. I've tried my luck googling, but haven't found any reasonable other courier. This sucks. But thanks for confirming 

1 hour ago, themisfit138 said:

UPS, USPS, and FedEx rates have been getting terribly high in recent years. Even shipping to Canada is expensive any more, even flat rate a box your size within the U.S. would be around $20.

I shipped a few 64 games(cart only) last summer to a fellow NAer in a small package just slightly bigger than the carts to Taiwan. The cheapest rates I found were with USPS and it was still around $30. Shipping cost in the U.S. are just expensive. 

If N64 carts cost that much to send overseas, I probably shouldn't complain about my $61 😛

4 minutes ago, Sumez said:

This is the primary reason I almost never buy anything from the US anymore. It was fun while it lasted 😞 

I haven't bought anything from the U. S. in a long time, was cheaper back then. Was hoping to start buying some stuff again, but looks like I'll just have to stick to Europe and Japan... Or start consolidating packages with freight forwarders again, but consolidation tends to lead to buying more stuff thsn you need. 

Yup, that's probably real prices. I've lived in Taiwan since 2011, the parcels my mom sent me from then until now decreased in both size and frequency, due to postage. She just sent me a parcel for 103$ . On the other hand, I sent a friend a large box to Holland for $30, so cheap.

The guys not trying to fleece you, shipping internationally from the USA now is just insanely high.

• Like 1

It is true. The shipping rate for first class international is ridiculous now and it seems to be this year (this year really sucks with all these awful updates and additions to Paypal, eBay and USPS). I learned it last week after trying to ship something. It ended up weighing 9 oz and the price difference from 9 oz to 8 oz was actually $16 for some reason. They are charging different prices now for each weight instead how it used to be usually one price for up to 4 lbs. Just sucks now!

• Like 1

Isn't it possible to send games as a "letter"? Not sure about your local postal service's technical definition, but that's what they classify the smallest class of untracked shipments as around here. They don't specifically need to be in an envelope, despite the name.

Probably not relevant for a cd-rom drive, but most games should fit in a parcel small enough to fit the criteria.