IGNORED

NES Pirates/ Bootleg carts

Here are some of my Pirates. My favorites are the game specific pirates, smb3 and simpsons are rare in the US from what Ive seen (maybe super common over seas).

The CIB Konami ones are weird (Batman?)

I need to pop a few in and see what plays. I will try to add information to this thread as I find time to go through these. 

All are for sale BTW. 

BDC34DB1-5D71-48FA-86B0-FE86F1E09186.jpeg.93a85bd90e1fbfe67a0c3dfc2b1ca23f.jpeg8A066AF5-ABDA-448D-A3B1-6B9BC24758AB.jpeg.b5549176a110de947307d576d713d8a5.jpeg85E6046C-5373-47FB-A995-6095552005E6.jpeg.de7e203ec3cc629c40893eaebed25502.jpeg781D4780-09E5-4119-A9E5-6CC124D8C0DA.jpeg.58402c37814dc3d21500263a3b17d22c.jpeg

• Like 4

Very beautiful items Corey. I've got Famicom versions of some of those. If I were to collect NES again, it'd just be stuff like this!

Did you ever open up the Konami carts? How's the PCB? I just ask because several official Konami Famicom PCBs have been found in bootleg shells, one can draw his or her own conclusions about it. 😉

Nice stuff! The Simpsons one can be found off and on in Spain, but some of the other game-specific ones I haven't seen before/often. From my experience, as rule-of-thumb, colored carts are quite rare with bootlegs from the 1980s/90s (a lot of current NES China-ware comes in colored carts, so doesn't apply there). The 110-in-1 multicart in the bottom right of the pic has some historic value, as it was discussed by tsr in the 90s and there's still extra residual demand as a result, so you should be able to get a bit more for that one. Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

@MrWunderful Would it be possible to please open up a couple of those Konami carts so that we can see the insides? I'm quite curious to see if it's a proper 72 pin board, a 60 pin bootleg board + adaptor, or a 60 pin Konami board + adaptor. Seeing as how Konami PCBs have turned up in bootleg shells before, I'm really curious about these. Thanks!

On 12/4/2019 at 3:31 AM, fcgamer said:

@MrWunderful Would it be possible to please open up a couple of those Konami carts so that we can see the insides? I'm quite curious to see if it's a proper 72 pin board, a 60 pin bootleg board + adaptor, or a 60 pin Konami board + adaptor. Seeing as how Konami PCBs have turned up in bootleg shells before, I'm really curious about these. Thanks!

Ill try to do a few this weekend

• Thanks 1

@MrWunderful Thanks Corey, I'm not in any hurry, just really curious. 

For everyone else, here's an example of what I mean about legit PCBs in bootleg carts. Yup I know the one Contra PCB is broken, I forget how that happened, but I kept it for historical purposes.

Also Because both versions of Contra (globs and chipped) exist in this format, it shows that this wasn't just parts being stolen off a truck or something.

IMG20191205222628.jpg

IMG20191205223821.jpg

• Like 1

I love those old pirate carts, used to have a few too for NES/FC, SNES/SFC and GB too.  These days I just have my amazing Supervision 115in1 on NES style format, and then the Super Games 500in1 in a FC shell my handheld came with from the local seller who was dumping his collection.

Sometimes yeah a kit can be nice, as can real games, but having the ability to have a locked sizable set of goodies to tab through is pretty fun too.  I used to have quite a few famiclones, sometimes wish I hadn't dropped them but I went with kits.  Moon Crystal, SMB2j cart hack, various others.

• Like 1